The One Night Stand by Elizabeth Hayley
Gabriel Torres thought his life after Major League Baseball would be simple and quiet, or at least quieter. However, as he takes over running the exclusive Players Club, he finds himself continually embroiled in scandal and drama. Surely nothing, and no one could make his life any crazier…Right?
Rachel Adler is a blast from Gabe’s past who crashed back into his life with the finesse of a freight train. But she’s a welcome distraction. At least for a night.
Rachel has been working hard to become one of the top sports journalists in the country. She doesn’t have time for a long-term romance or irresistibly charming baseball players. A one-night-stand with the man who she knew would hit it out of the park was all she wanted.
But when she gets a tip that Gabe could have ties to one of the biggest sports stories in history, a story that could make her career, Rachel decides that maybe she has a little time for the sexy baseball player after all. As she gets in deeper with both her story and Gabe, Rachel begins to question who she is, what she wants, and what exactly she’s willing to sacrifice for her career.
Will the potential grand-slam romance be stopped short or will Rachel and Gabe be able to go the distance?
*****5 Fantastic Stars*****
I have loved and enjoyed all of Elizabeth Hayley’s Players novels so much. These books are the perfect sports romance. They’re funny as all get out, filled to the brim with distinctive and memorable characters, and they have each given me love stories that packed the perfect amount of heat and fun and feels. Elizabeth Hayley has delivered it all once again in the third installment of this series. They have once again created a story that was so easy to get swept into and that gave me it all.
The One Night stand is all about what happens when a blast from the past soon become more than either of these two characters bargained for.
This book follows Rachel and Gabe as they explore what they’re feeling for one another, as they try to figure out what in the world that means for them and their future, and as they try to figure out if the lies and secrets they keep to themselves are too much and too complicated. This book is full of moments that will make you laugh out loud, so many moments that will make you blush, and so many moments that will give you the best kind of glimpses at what these characters share and what could be.
Every word of this story made me fall even more in love with this series and the characters in it. Elizabeth Hayley brought this series to a close on the best note that had me knowing and feeling through every word and page why I loved it so much in the first place.
Equal parts sports romance, love story, laughs, feels, and humor and vibrancy, The One Night Stand delivers it all. It gives you Gabe and Rachel in the most authentic way that will pull you to them both, and in the end it delivers a story that will take ahold of you in the best way through every word. This book will make you laugh, it’ll make you smile, it’ll make you feel, and it’ll make you fall right along with Rachel and Gabe, and it just doesn’t get better than that.
What I loved about The One Night Stand:
- Gabe’s humor and personality. Gabe has been a character that has been making me laugh at his humor and antics since the very start of this series. I was so beyond to finally get his story and to get into his head, and I was not disappointed one little bit in what I got with him. That man made me laugh, he made me fall something fierce, and I loved how he had this effervescent personality that I could not get enough of. He was the life of the party, but also a down to earth guy who just wanted to do something that made him happy. I loved that this book not only gave me the fun and vibrancy I’ve come to know and love about him, but also gave me a chance to see what was behind that humor. I saw the more serious Gabe, the one who had feelings and questions and worries, and that just pulled my heart to him even more. Suffice to say, getting his story was all I needed and it just made reading this book even more phenomenal.
- Rachel’s journey to find herself. I absolutely loved Rachel’s character. I loved how real she was, I loved how she balanced out with Gabe so well, and I loved that this story really pushed her a bit. It pushed her to decide what she really wanted and who she wanted to be. It pushed her to admit what she was really feeling for Gabe, and it pushed her to decide what she was willing to fight for and to realize what she might need to let go of. Rachel was such an authentic character that I immediately liked and felt for. I felt so connected to her through every part of this story, and I loved getting to be with her as she tried to figure out what in the world she was going to do with her story, with her feelings for Gabe, and what that all meant. Elizabeth Hayley made her such a real and enjoyable character to get to know and understand, and that was just another thing that made this story so fantastic.
- What starts as a fun that soon becomes so much more. Rachel and Gabe’s story starts with a blast from the past that leads to a one night stand that soon leads to something more than either of them were prepared for. Both of them had no idea that when they reconnected it would ignite a firestorm of feelings in them, and neither of them were prepared for how it would give them everything they never knew they needed, while also complicating everything. They both have secrets, they’re both holding back a part of themselves and trying to figure out how to handle everything that goes with what they’re hiding. Both Rachel and Gabe struggle through this book on what to do and what that might mean for the future they’re starting to build. Elizabeth Hayley perfectly captures and creates that dynamic and brings it to their story in a way that will have you engrossed in every word ready to see how it will all work out for them
- The perfect amount of heat and humor and fun and seriousness. Elizabeth Hayley knows how to write some serious humor and some serious heat. The way that they write and craft their stories and characters never fails to have me laughing my butt off, while also giving me the best amount of feels to tug at my heart, all while creating a fire and connection that has me feeling it all with these characters. They always find the perfect balance of being playful and serious, humorous and serious, while throwing in that charm and vibrancy and fire to bring it all together in the most memorable way. Getting to experience that in The One Night Stand was fantastic. That was just part of what made this book so phenomenal, and what made it such an incredible read. Elizabeth Hayley’s writing and storytelling in this book checked off all the boxes and just made for a darn good book!
- The best group of friends. I have said it before about this series and I will say it again, the distinctive and dynamic characters of these books make this series what it is. I loved getting back into that dynamic. I loved how it felt darn good to be back with all of these characters and I loved how Elizabeth Hayley let me catch up with the gang once again. Jace, Ben, and Gabe and their special lady friends made this series the fantastic thing that it is, and getting one last book with them all was everything I needed. It was fun, it was real, and it was them. Those three men gave me a story and series that was fun, charming, and full of life. And their three lady friends just made it even better to watch them all fall once more. The Player Series was just the best, and getting back with these memorable characters was the icing on top of a fantastic book and reading experience.
The One Night Stand was a book that blended sports, romance, humor, and the possibilities that can happen when you meet that one person who changes everything. This book was phenomenally written and gave me two characters who were memorable in every way. I loved getting to be a part of their story, getting to see they fall and feel what they did, and getting to experience what happened between them. Elizabeth Hayley once again crafted a story that was enjoyable in every way. This book was the perfect conclusion to this series and just had me loving everything I was reading.
Elizabeth Hayley continues to be a writing duo who gives me it all. They create such memorable characters and stories. They make me laugh with their humor they so authentically create. They allowed me to feel it all with their outstanding characters, and in the end they gave me a story that I just loved.
This book was an all around phenomenal read and I can’t say that enough. It was well written, it was consuming through every word, and it was everything I needed right now. It was a satisfying in every way, and I loved getting Rachel and Gabe’s story. I promise that those two will make you smile and laugh and feel it all, and you will love it!
Elizabeth Hayley is actually “Elizabeth” and “Hayley,” two friends who love reading romance novels to obsessive levels. This mutual love prompted them to put their English degrees to good use by penning their own. The product is Pieces of Perfect, their debut novel. They learned a ton about one another through the process, like how they clearly share a brain and have a persistent need to text each other constantly (much to their husbands’ chagrin).
They live with their husbands and kids in a Philadelphia suburb. Thankfully, their children are still too young to read.
Elizabeth Hayley’s writing motto is best captured by the words of Patrick Dennis: “I always start with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.”