This page is short, sweet, and to the point.
(It will also be the only page on this blog for which I will ever use those three words together. )
I wanted to just give a few small notes about the book reviews that I post on here at The Never Ending Book Basket:
- The book reviews on here are my own personal opinion and thoughts. They are full of what I think, and you may not agree with what I write, but the beauty of America is that you don’t have to, and that is okay.
- I do not half ass anything, especially book reviews. I put a lot of time and effort into them, which leads many of them to be longer than the norm. That’s my shtick, and I’m sticking with it. So be prepared now that brevity is so not my thing. (But I promise I’ll do my damn best to make each post well worth your while.)
- I am always open to feedback and comments on the reviews. I can discuss books until the cows come home, so feel free to open that fantastically fun can of worms!
- I am very open minded to book suggestions, so if you have a book you think I should read and review, let me know! You can find more about that on the contact info page.
- I personally think that it takes a whole hell of a lot to write a book, and put yourself and it out there for the world to see and critique. That’s a pretty big leap of faith, and because of that, I am choosing to focus my reviews on the positives that each book has. I will sometimes discuss aspects that I may not have enjoyed as much, but the majority of each post will focus on what the books have to offer. Stay in the positive people. You’d do well to remember that.
- I am pretty damn selective in the books that I read. When I look for books (wherever that might be), I probably pass on ten times as many as I actually pick up and read. (You might not believe that based on the number of books currently in my book basket, but it’s true.) I know what I like to read and what I’m looking for, and I stick to that method for the most part when I pick out books, with a few exceptions. You might call me a bit of a book snob. I don’t just pick up anything, so please know that if a book is being reviewed on here, it is worth giving a chance to. Take the leap of faith people! Trust me, it’s well worth it, and some of the BEST books I’ve ever read came from taking that leap.
- I will do my best to NEVER reveal any major plot points of the books I review. We all know the worst reviews are the ones that surprise you by revealing major plot points. My whole goal is to get people to read the books I’m talking about, and no one wants to read a book if you already know exactly what’ll happen. If you’re one of those people who does like that, yay for you, but we don’t do that shit on here.
So there you have it. A few simple notes on the reviews for this blog. Hopefully now you’ll take the time to explore some of my posts.
As always, I welcome any and all feedback so feel free to contact me, or just say hi!
PLEASE NOTE: As of February 24th 2016, I can no longer post reviews to Amazon. They also removed every single one of my previous reviews. (You can read more about that here.) As always my book reviews will be promoted through GoodReads, this blog page, and my blog’s Facebook page, in addition to other book retailers. (KOBO, B&N, iBooks, etc.) Thank you in advance for your understanding with this.
5 thoughts on “About My Reviews”
Pingback: If I Stay | The Never Ending Book Basket
Pingback: You Had Me At The Sarcasm (Picking Up the Pieces) | The Never Ending Book Basket
Pingback: Don’t Judge a Book By Its Movie | The Never Ending Book Basket
Pingback: I’m a Giver (22 Books Given Just to You) | The Never Ending Book Basket
Pingback: Life is Like a Game of Football (The One & Only by Emily Giffin) | The Never Ending Book Basket