I had it all––until I didn’t.When my job, my livelihood, and my passion are suddenly snatched away from me, I’m left scrambling to keep my head above water. Desperate, I’m forced to walk into the last place I ever thought I’d go. Little did I know that I’d come face-to-face with the woman who would help me pick up the pieces of my unraveled life.Rebecca Toler’s living the dream––or so I thought.
Beautiful, funny, and tough as nails, she answers to no one. In other words, she was born to be mine.
One problem—she hates me.
It’s time to take my life back, and I’m starting with her.
But, as I’ve learned over the years, sometimes the toughest fight of your life is outside the cage.
*Each book in the Undisputed series can be read as a complete standalone novel
*****5 Fiery and All-Feeling Stars*****
A.S. Teague is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors with her downright phenomenal books that pack the best amount of feels, fight, and firework level connection. My love of this author’s unforgettable words was solidified by every thoughtfully crafted word in Unraveled, and the more I read, the more I knew that I was loving every single word, experience, and moment this book was so authentically giving me.
Simply put, this book was the best blend of it all. Experiencing Ryker and Rebecca’s fiery story was consuming to say the least, and I loved every second I spent within Unraveled getting to experience every bit of what those two were sharing.
From the very first page of this story through the very last, A.S. Teague swept me up so fully into the literal fire and spark between Rebecca and Ryker, and I truly could not get enough of everything those two shared as they fought, as they felt, and as they fell for one another.
Unraveled is a story about what happens when two people cross paths, and how that one moment changes everything. This is a story about finding yourself in a place you never wanted to be, and where you go from there. This is a story about discovering what you truly want and need out of life, and how you’re going to go about getting it. And in the end, this is a story about what happens when the fight and fire you have brings you to exactly what was missing from your life.
I loved every single word of this book, and I really can’t say that enough. From the feels, to the level of extraordinary fight and determination of these characters, to all the unforgettable moments I got with them, Unraveled blew me away with everything it had, while simultaneously showing along the way how utterly talented A.S. Teague’s writing is.
What I loved about Unraveled:
- Rebecca’s got some sass. Rebecca Toler is no lady to mess with, and the literal sass and fire from that girl was enough to have me loving her from the very first moment I met her. What I loved about Rebecca was that she completely owned who she was. She wasn’t afraid to push those buttons that needed to be pushed, and she wasn’t afraid one little bit to do what needed to be done, even if people thought she was a bit crazy for doing it. The dynamite personality of that girl will have you smiling and laughing and just basking in the wonderfulness of that girl and her sass, and I am telling you that you will love her so much. The lengths to which that girl and her sass will go to do what’s right, to figure out exactly what she wants and needs, and to do what needs to be done will have you heart loving every second you get with her. Trust me on that one.
- Ryker’s determination. Ryker was a character that my heart went to from the very start of this book. That man is a fighter through and through, but the start of this book finds that man unraveling before your eyes as he’s stripped of everything he once knew, but let me tell you now, that man’s determination knows no bounds. Ryker is a man who isn’t afraid to do what’s necessary, and that’s exactly what brings him face to face with Rebecca. It’s that same extraordinary level of determination that shows Ryker he has to get closer to Rebecca, no matter how much she tells him they’re not going to happen. The fight and determination shows the true lengths of Ryker’s tenacity, and the way that man goes the extra mile to do what needs to be done, to be the man for Rebecca, and to get to exactly where he always needed to be is nothing short of spectacular.
- All that glorious fight. Unraveled has a whole heck of a lot of amazing fight through every single page, and that is something that will have you loving this book so much. You have Ryker’s fight to try to put his life back together after losing it all. You have Rebecca’s fight to keep Ryker away. Then there’s Ryker’s fight to show Rebecca and everyone around him who he really is and what he’s all about, all the while you have Rebecca’s fight to figure out what’s right, what she wants, and what should be. And don’t even get me started on the level of glorious fight that comes when Rebecca sets her mind to what she does in this book…because let me tell you, that fight is everything. The level of authentic, emotional, and endearing fight in this book reveals so much about these characters and their tenacity, and it is what truly sets this book apart. That fight is everything and then some, and you will love every single second of it in Unraveled.
- Feels, feels, and more feels. Along with that glorious level of fight in Unraveled, you also get some serious feels that will have your heart melting on just about every page. What I loved about Rebecca and Ryker’s story in Unraveled is that while it had that fight and that back and forth, push and pull, it also had the feels to go with it. It had those moments to melt your heart, to steal your breath, and to give you all the butterflies as you were falling right along with those two. A.S. Teague gives you those feels and the fire behind them all. Getting that with Ryker and Rebecca will have you rooting for them with all you have, while simultaneously basking in those feels that feel so damn good.
- A connection that never quits. The firework level connection between Ryker and Rebecca was something that sparked and jumped off of every page of this book. From the very first moment those two are together the sparks fly, the chemistry flows, and the build ensues. Through every turn of that page, that build and tension between them grows to a palpable level to the point of explosion…and let me tell you, that explosion when it all comes to a head is heated, visceral, intense, and so very Ryker and Rebecca. That connection and spark between them continues to grow through every part of this story, and it’s that connection that will invest you in everything those two share. You will love them, you will feel for them, and you will be hoping and rooting with all you have for them because of what they share in Unraveled, and I am telling you that fire you get with them is exceptional.
- Family is family. One of my favorite aspects of this book had to be the feeling of family between the characters. While Unraveled is a standalone novel, you get back with all of the characters you fell in love with during the first book in the series, and you also get more characters to love with all that you have. (Here’s looking at you Gram!) The friendships, the connections, and the loyalty between these characters that you feel and get to watch grow will strengthen your love to them, this world, and this series the more you get with them all. I truly loved every second I got with them in Unraveled, and I am beyond ready to see what comes next for them all in the next book in this series!!
Unraveled was a story of how your life can change in an instant, but how that can ultimately put you onto a path you never even knew you’d want to be on. This book is about the journey that comes navigating that path, handling its crazy twists and emotional turns, and figuring out how to handle all that comes along with that path. And sure that path might not be easy, and it may be full of fight and heartache and emotional moments, but that path is well worth all the fight it took to make it through it all. Unraveled is a story that gives you that path, the people you meet and fall for along the way, and it is a story of what could be when you truly give it your all.
A.S. Teague did an extraordinary job of bringing out the fight, the feels, and the fireworks between Rebecca and Ryker through every single page of this book. I felt and lived and breathed every single moment of this book right along with them, and the level of investment and connection created through A.S. Teague’s phenomenal writing seared those two to my heart. Their story in Unraveled is uniquely theirs, full of banter, sass, and some serious spark, and in the end, getting to be there with those two as they figured out exactly what could be was nothing short of wonderful.
Through every turn of that page, I knew more and more that though things might’ve unraveled some for these characters in this story, they unraveled in the perfect way to give me hope, give them hope, and bring things together in a way I will truly never forget.
This book is one that I loved every single word of. It was consuming, intense, real, and all-feeling wrapped up into one amazing package, and it truly doesn’t get better than that.
What the actual fuck? His head is high as he looks around, studying the room. After giving the gym a quick onceover, his gaze finally lands on where I’m seated behind the desk. Our eyes meet and my heart hammers, the pounding so loud I fear he can hear it from across the room. I tear my gaze away from his and scan his body, surprised at the physical reaction I’m having to him.
With a slight shake of my head, I slap my palms on the paper-covered wood, and shove out of my chair, causing it to shoot out at least ten feet behind me. “You have some nerve walking in here.”
He stops in his tracks and blinks at me before an easy smile crosses his face. “Rebecca Toler. Shoulda known I’d see you here.” He drawls as he continues walking toward me.
My pulse is pounding in my ears and my stomach is practicing its floor routine for the Olympics as I stare at the man in front of me. Taking a minute to appreciate his strong jaw line that’s covered in scruff, I notice that his hair is in desperate need of a trim as it falls across one eye.
Fuck, he’s sexy.
He always had been. Regardless how much it pains me to admit it. Though his looks weren’t why I wanted to full body hurl him from the building. Memories of our last interaction flood my mind, along with the hurt and anger I’d felt.
“How ya been, Reb?” he asks with a familiarity he doesn’t have.
His use of my nickname, a familiarity he doesn’t have––or deserve––causes me to snap childishly, “Who said you could call me that?”
He grins, but doesn’t reply.
Fuck, that grin is hot.
“What are you doing in Atlanta, Ryker?” I ask, attitude still thick in my voice.
He takes his time looking me over and my body betrays me by flushing at the attention. His eyes are appreciative of what they see, but strangely enough, it doesn’t feel like he’s ogling me.
He steps forward and shoves his hands in the pockets of his washed out jeans that hang low on his hips. “Well, I was in town and thought I’d stop in and say hello to my buddy Breccan. Seeing you is an unexpected bonus.” His lips tip up in a smile and my stomach flips again.
“Your buddy?” I hiss through clenched teeth while attempting not to let my gaze linger on his pants any longer. The thought of Ryker and Breccan ever being buddies would have been funny, if I wasn’t too shocked to laugh.
His gaze finally makes it back to mine and he nods once.
For a few moments we simply stare at each other, him smiling while I scowl.
A.S. Teague enjoys the warmth of South Carolina with her husband and two daughters. The stereotypes about peach cobbler and sweet tea are not overstated. After years in the medical field, she is now enjoying every minute of being a stay-at-home mom. She loves wine, the beach, wine on the beach, and crying at Disney movies. When she doesn’t have a book in her hand, she can be found pestering her husband with pictures of animals she wants to rescue, as well as debating whether to exercise or take a nap.