It was her.
She was my comfort when life threw one ugly tragedy after another at me.
Until she dealt me the greatest blow.
Now, abandonment, betrayal, and death darken every corner of my life. Anger and hurt burn bright where love and trust once lived.
But, now, she’s back. Sure, she’s changed, but I see through it—straight to her heart.
*****5 Unforgettably Emotional Stars*****
See Through Heart by Amie Knight was a beautifully emotional debut novel that truly touched me on every level. This book was so well written, so deeply emotional, and such an all-around phenomenal book that completely swept me up into everything it had. From the very first page of this story I was beyond taken with Ainsely and Adrian’s story of love, life, and loss, and through it all I just feel deeper and harder for everything those two were sharing.
This story is one that will open your heart up wide, flood it with feels that will have you simultaneously melting and aching for these two and all that they share, and one that will literally steal your breath with all that it gives you.
Ainsley and Adrian’s story is real. It’s raw, it’s deeply emotional, and it will blow you away with everything that it has. The meaning and the power behind what you get with these two as you experience their story will have you laughing with them, crying with them, and feeling it all with them as their story unfolds. Amie Knight completely consumes you with the two of them with her phenomenal writing, and that connects you into everything you are reading in the most authentic and real way.
There are so many aspects that I loved about this book. I loved how much it made me felt, even when it hurt my heart for these two. I loved how deeply invested I became in their story as everything unfolded in front of my eyes and heart. I loved how exceptionally written and crafted this story was, and how that writing gave me these characters and their story so truly and deeply. But most of all, I just loved this book, wholeheartedly with everything I had and I truly can’t say that enough.
What I loved about See Through Heart:
- How in the world is this a debut novel? If I didn’t know it, I would never have guessed that this was a debut novel. Amie Knight’s writing is flawless, and the way that she completely puts you in this story with all of her characters was nothing short of spectacular. Her writing gave me it all while I was reading this book. It gave me these characters, it gave me their heart touching journey as they tried to get back to one another, and it gave me all of the feels with them as they went through it all. Amie Knight’s powerful writing is honest, raw, and will have you feeling beyond in this story because of how exceptionally and meaningfully she crafts every word and emotion, and it honestly doesn’t get better than that. I have no doubt that more amazing things are about to come from this author, and I can’t wait to get my hands on whatever she has in store for us all next.
- Ainsely and Adrian’s journey. I have to say that one of my favorite aspects of this book was getting to experience Adrian, Ainsley, Lorelei, and the many other phenomenal characters of this book throughout so many parts of their life. I met them as young children, I got to be there as their friendships grew and developed. I got to be there in the moments that things started to change, and I got to feel every ounce of emotion that went with all of that as they grew closer to one another, as they started to fall, and eventually as it all fell apart. Getting to experience all of that with these characters seared them all to my heart. It also invested me in them so deeply and truly, and it connected me to them on the deepest of levels because of everything I experienced with them. I got to see them all at their highest of highs, their lowest of lows and everywhere in between, and that gave my heart to theirs a million times over while reading this book. Experiencing every new event that came their way strengthened the bond I had to their characters, and I honestly can’t say that enough.
- Second chances for the win! Now it is no secret that second chance romances are my jam. They are my all-time favorite storylines for a reason, and See Through Heart reminded me of that again and again. This story embodied what it means to have a second chance romance. It captured every hope, every fear, every heartache, every tear, and every feeling along the way as Ainsely and Adrian tried to put themselves and their hearts together again. Their story sure as hell wasn’t easy, but it was beyond worth it, and getting to be there every step of the way as they tried to see where a second chance might take them was everything. It was intense, it was full of their specific dynamic that I couldn’t get enough of, and it repeatedly reminded me why what they were sharing was so worth fighting for. The tenacity of these characters, their honesty and how they really went there as they saw what second chances could bring them both was unforgettable, emotional, intense and consuming, and I truly couldn’t get enough of it.
- The hurt feels so good and is beyond worth it. One of my favorite aspects of this story was how much I felt every single outstanding word of it. Amie Knight’s exceptional writing completely allowed me to feel what all of these characters were, and that put me in this book with them, feeling it all as the events of the story came their way. See Through Heart is a story you feel every word of. It’s a story that hurts you, that breaks you open, and one that will have you fighting tears as you experience what it brings to these characters. This story isn’t easy on any of these characters, but its deep emotion, honesty, and authenticity leaps from its pages in the most incredible way. So yes, this book will hurt you, but it will also give you it all with these characters and their journey together, and let me tell you, getting that with them is beyond worth it.
- Connections you feel every ounce of. Amie Knight completely brings the relationships between all of the many outstanding characters in this book to life a way that makes them all feel beyond real. She lets you understand them, she lets you love them, and she lets you be there in the moments when their relationships grow and evolve. She lets you feel so much for them, and along the way she lets you understand every nuance of their relationships and connections. She allows you to understand their struggles as well, and that gives you the most honest and real connection to them all. Feeling that level of connection between these characters had me loving them even more, and had me knowing through every turn of that page that this story would be one I wouldn’t soon forget.
See Through Heart is a story about so many things. It is a story of what happens when things come into your life that you were never expecting. It’s a story about meeting that one person who can heal you and break you in the very same breath. It’s a story about love and loss and every single emotion that comes in between. It’s a story of sisters, love, and how one choice can change it all.
The power and the meaning behind all of the words in this story is something you won’t soon forget. With an incredibly honest level of emotion, a romance that will have your heart melting and aching and swooning on every single page, and a connection that just doesn’t quit between all of these characters, See Through Heart has it all. It has the characters you will love with your entire heart, it has relationships you will be invested in through every page, and it has the feels that will literally give you it all.
To say I loved and enjoyed this debut book is putting it too mildly. See Through Heart by Amie Knight is amazing. So beyond amazing, so beyond consuming, and so beyond all-feeling. I could say that a million times over, and it still wouldn’t be enough, and that is just part of what makes this such a phenomenal book.
Amie Knight has been a reader for as long as she could remember and a romance lover since she could get her hands on her momma’s books. A dedicated wife and mother with a love of music and makeup, you will never see her leave the house without her eyebrows and eyelashes done just right. When she isn’t reading and writing you can catch her jamming out in the car with her two kids to 90’s R&B, Country and Showtunes. Amie draws inspiration from her childhood in Columbia, South Carolina and can’t imagine living anywhere other than the South.