The Wedding Agreement by Elizabeth Hayley
Releasing: May 3rd, 2016
Love doesn’t always follow the same schedule…
Alex Walker doesn’t need a woman in his life. In fact, he doesn’t have time for one. Between his career in the FBI and the demands of being good father, romance is an unwanted distraction.
Likewise, Cassidy Mullen is fine on her own. The independent career woman has never had a husband in her plans—forget about kids. But when her friend Alex gets into a bind with his ex over their daughter, Cass finds herself suddenly playing the part of Alex’s stable, child-loving fiancée—and liking it a lot more than she’d care to admit.
Soon Alex and Cass can’t deny the real passion growing between them. But as fake affection turns into real love, Cass and Alex will have to make a choice: say “I Do” to their feelings or give up on happily-ever-after for good…
Elizabeth Hayley is probably my favorite writing duo around, and they have given me some pretty fantastic reading experiences over the past few years with their phenomenal books. Their writing is so seamless, so vibrant, and so fun, and they never fail to deliver a story with the perfect level of heat, connection, and feels that has me loving it all. They also never fail to make me laugh my butt off with their dynamic and distinctive humor, and by the end of their books my cheeks usually hurt a bit because that’s how much they’ve made me laugh.
The Wedding Agreement is the third and final book in their Strictly Business Series, and I have to tell you that I absolutely loved every word of it. It was fun, meaningful, and it packed a story that just didn’t quit with two characters I loved instantly. With their trademark writing style that created an undeniable connection to these characters and this story, I was immediately swept up into it all, and I truly could not get enough.
This book filled my heart with all the feels, made me blush in the best possible way, and it had me laughing and smiling and feeling all the way through, and I honestly could not have asked for more.
The Wedding Agreement gave me everything I’ve come to love and expect from a book by this fantastic duo, and the more I read, the more and more I realized how fantastic this book was, how much I was falling for Alex and Cass and their story, and how much I could not get enough of the vibrant charm bursting from this books pages.
This was just an honest to goodness good book, and even though I could use a million different positive adjectives to describe how much I loved it, I still wouldn’t be able to fully capture how much I loved it and just how good it was.
What I absolutely loved about The Wedding Agreement:
- A wedding agreement, oh my, oh my! I have to say the first thing that drew me into this book was the actual premise of the story. I was immediately hooked into it all with how Cass saves Alex in a pinch, the friendship that Alex and Cass already shared, and how she offers to help him in more ways than one with spending more time with his daughter Nina. I found the plot to be so interesting and fun, and that really pulled me into the book because I was eager to see how those pretend feelings that Cass and Alex were sharing would soon turn into something more. I thought Elizabeth Hayley brought this story to life in the best possible way, and they really invested me from the start in everything that was happening between Alex and Cass. The actual plot of the story unfolded seamlessly over the course of this book, and it was never to fast or too slow, it was just right for everything that happened, which just made this book even better to experience.
- Who can resist a single dad? So I am a major sucker for stories with single dads, and The Wedding Agreement was no different. I absolutely loved Alex’s character, and I really loved getting to experience and see his relationship with his daughter Nina, as he tried to fit family, job, and love into his life. What I loved about Alex was that he really tried in this book. He tried with his daughter, he tried with Cass, and he tried with himself, and sure sometimes it wasn’t always easy for him, but he sure as hell tried. Alex fought with all he had to spend time with his daughter and to make her happy, and there was no doubt in my mind while reading that that man would do anything for his kid. That fierce determination in him one me over in a nanosecond, and at the same time I loved how charming he was with Cass. I absolutely loved being in Alex’s head throughout this book and getting to be there when things started to change with him and Cass. Seeing that man fall, understanding his hesitancies and doubts, and getting to experience him try and fight through it all had me loving him to pieces.
- Cass and her journey of realizations. Cass is an independent, sassy, and fun loving female character that will have you laughing and smiling in no time. She’s also a girl with a heart of gold that will shine through every page of this book. What I loved about Cass’s character in this book was that she really goes on a journey of self-realization in this book. At the start she is fine being alone, fine being all about her career, and she is sure as heck fine without the white picket fence and all that that might entail, but as this book progresses she soon starts to feel and think differently. I thought Elizabeth Hayley did an extraordinary job showing how her character comes to realize so many things about her wants and dreams, and how she might just be able to actually have it all if she only lets herself be open to it. Going along with Cass in this book as she comes to realize all of these things was fantastic, and I found her to be such a relatable and easy to love character because of all of that and just because of who she was. Cass is fun, real, and so easy to connect to in this book, and that is just part of what made her such a phenomenal character.
- A spark and dynamic that just won’t quit. Alex and Cass certainly share the best kind of banter with one another, and that not only had me laughing like crazy, it had me feeling that undeniable spark between those two. The closer these to get and the more they pretend to have feelings for one another for the sake of their fake wedding, the more they both start to realize that they just might be feeling more for one another than they bargained for. Elizabeth Hayley gives you the outstanding opportunity to jump into both of these characters heads to experience the true connection and feelings they share. Those feelings are certainly real and a tad bit scary for Alex and Cass, and you will love every second with them in this book as they try to make sense of it all. And have no doubt, that through all of that you will be blushing from the heated connection they share, laughing and smirking at their hysterical banter, and really just falling even more for those two as they simultaneously fall for one another.
- The perfect balance of feels and laughs. Elizabeth Hayley never fails to deliver a story with the best balance of everything, and The Wedding Agreement was no different. It had the feels and emotions I love to get when I read, it had the romance and heat that just made it all the more intense and spark filled, and it had the laughs and the banter to bring it all home. All of that combined to give me such a fulfilling reading experience that left me completely satisfied. I laughed, I melted, and my heart even hurt a bit for these characters as they tried to figure it all out, and most of all it fell like crazy for Alex and Cass and all they were sharing. That is a true testament to what Elizabeth Hayley’s thoughtful storytelling and writing creates in this book, and it made reading The Wedding Agreement so undeniably phenomenal and fulfilling in every way.
- The gangs all here, and they’re kind of the best. The supporting characters of this series are some of my favorite around. They are so fun, so wonderfully distinctive, and they just made reading this book even better. I loved every single interaction with them, and getting to see how Cass and Alex interacted with all of their friends made this book feel so real and so enjoyable. I loved too that their friends were never afraid to call them both on their crap and tell them how it was, while at the same time being there for them in ways only real friends can be. That just made me love them all the more because it showed that the fantastic characters of this series makeup one helluva crazy good family.
The Wedding Agreement was a story that gave me it all in one exceptionally written package. This book was fulfilling, it was fun, and it gave me a story that I felt every word of. Throughout every page of Alex and Cass’s story I fell harder and harder for those two and all that they were sharing, and I couldn’t help but hope with all that I had that they’d be able to figure out a way to make it all work. I was wholly invested in them and their laugh out loud banter, and I truly couldn’t have asked for more with them and their story in this book.
This is a vibrant, lively, and oh so enrapturing read that will have you feeling and experiencing it all with these characters, and in the end you will love every single moment you get with them within the pages of this wonderful book.
Elizabeth Hayley sure knows how to write a book I love with all that I have, and this one was no different. As sad as I am to say goodbye to all of these characters and this series, I can’t help but be so thrilled with every single word I got with all of them. This book just exemplifies the talent this writing duo has, and I for one can’t wait to read whatever they come up with next.
I have no doubt it’ll make me laugh, and smile, and feel a helluva lot, and I can’t freaking wait.
The Wedding Agreement is a surefire must read, and I am telling you, you will love it.
~The Wedding Agreement~
~Just Say Yes~
~The Best Medicine~
Be sure to check out Elizabeth Hayley’s other books because they are all AMAZING!
~Pieces of Perfect~
~Picking Up the Pieces~
~Perfectly Ever After~
~Pieces Series Box Set~
(Pieces of Perfect, Picking Up the Pieces, and Perfectly Ever After) All 3 for one price!