Just Say Yes by Elizabeth Hayley
Releasing: December 1, 2015
Magazine columnist Quinn Sawyer has always attracted sweet, innocent, and safe men. And something tells her it’s because she’s just as harmless. So when she starts craving a guy with an edge, she realizes she may have to get one for herself.
When her boss asks for a unique pitch, Quinn’s quest to live outside her comfort zone prompts her to suggest an idea that will cause her to break her good-girl rules. And who better than Tim Jacobs to help her push her boundaries? For a while now, Quinn’s had a hot crush on the tattooed executive chef with a checkered past. If anybody can bring out her inner rebel, he can.
It’s no surprise that with every task the two complete, the sparks between them grow more and more intense. Soon there’s no denying the attraction they each feel. But Tim’s troubled past reveals an even tougher edge than Quinn expected—which means for her, falling in love might just be the greatest rebellion of all.
Elizabeth Hayley is hands down one of my favorite writing duos around. Their books are some of my all-time favorites, and I have spent many memorable days between the pages of their phenomenally written books. When I sit down to read a book by them I know I will be getting some exceptional writing, effervescent characters with so much life and distinctive personality to them, and a story that is sure to make me laugh hysterically while also having me feel a lot.
Just Say Yes by Elizabeth Hayley not only gave me everything I’ve come to know and love about Elizabeth Hayley’s writing, it also gave me one helluva story that just gave me every single aspect that makes a book extraordinary. It was fantastically balanced, so well written, and just downright enjoyable to read in every way. Reading this book just adds to my absolute love of this series as a whole, and the fantastic stories that Elizabeth Hayley has given me over the years.
Reading a book by this duo is one memorable experience to say the least. Just Say Yes made me laugh more times than I could even count, it made me smile like crazy, and it certainly made me blush in the most wonderful ways. It also choked me up a few times, and had so many great feelings and emotions weaving their way through the story in such a meaningful way. My heart was fully in it all from the start, and through it all I absolutely loved what Tim and Quinn gave me so authentically in their page turning story.
What I absolutely loved about Just Say Yes:
- Finally getting my hands on Tim’s story. Ever since I met Tim’s character in The Best Medicine, I wanted his story. There was just something about him that really spoke to me, and it was easy to fall under the charming spell he cast. He’s a bit rough around the edges, and he’s a character that’s not afraid to admit that, but I will tell you that there is so much more to his character than meets the eye. He certainly has a past that he’s not so proud of, but seeing what that man does with his future in this story will have your heart going to him in no time. Tim is easy to love and feel for in this story, and seeing that man try to move on from the binds of his past will have you rooting for him from start to finish. Did I also mention that he’s a tattooed chef that likes to walk around without a shirt on? Because that’s just the icing on top of his fantastic character.
- Quinn is my new BFF. Quinn was definitely a bit more subdued than some of the other female leads that Elizabeth Hayley has written, but she was such a fabulous easy character to love and relate to. That girl is no wilting flower either, she is strong and fierce in her own way and it’s fabulous. She’s a girl searching for what she truly wants, and is looking to step outside of her comfort zone, and with the help of Tim she starts doing just that. I loved Quinn’s character immensely and I found myself personally relating and connecting to her throughout reading. She was so real to me and so easy to love, and I just got everything she was feeling and thinking because I’ve been there too. Feeling that connected to her while reading Just Say Yes made me love her more, and brought the story itself to life in the most magnificent way. You will love her and her lively journey in this book to pieces. Trust me.
- The build from friends to something more. Quinn and Tim’s relationship has the best kind of build to it. These two start off as friends, but clearly they both want something more. You feel such a build and connection between them that crackles and fires like fireworks every time those two are together. That build intensifies more and more as the story progress, and gives the best evolution to their relationship and feeling. What starts off as a friendship and a challenge soon turns into so much more that is filled with so many moments that’ll melt your heart, make you blush, and smile and feel like a fool. Elizabeth Hayley develops their relationship in the most phenomenal ways, taking you through every up and down that comes there way, and it is truly nothing short of wonderful to experience.
- Taking chances! One of the many premises of this story is throwing that caution to the wind, and giving new things a chance. Whether it be a new life experience or a relationship, Elizabeth Hayley brings the aspect and meaning behind taking chances into this story in such a fantastic and fulfilling way. Seeing both Tim and Quinn think and question what it could be like to take those chances, and then getting to see what happens after puts you in this story so fully and will have you loving every moment you live and take with them. Just Say Yes is full of chances and it honestly doesn’t get much better than that!
- Finding yourself and then some. Both Tim and Quinn go on a journey in this book, not only in their relationship, but also with themselves. They’re both searching for something within themselves, and trying to figure out what they want, what they deserve, and what they’re willing to fight like crazy for. Elizabeth Hayley takes you on that journey with them both, and you get to be with them both every step of the way as they try and figure out who they are, and who they want to be. I can’t say enough how much that emotionally invests you in these characters and their story. You get to see them be vulnerable, be real, and just be them. Simply put, Quinn and Tim will blow you away with every incredible bit of their journey’s to take those risks and find themselves.
- The fantastic balance of laughter and feels. Just Say Yes gives you so many outstanding moments that give you so many different reactions making this book phenomenally well rounded. You get so many hysterical moments that’ll have you laughing out loud and smiling until your cheeks hurt. You’ll also get a lot of moments bursting with the best amount of emotion and feeling that you feel every lick of. There’s also quite a few moments that’ll melt your heart a bit and have you truly feeling what Quinn and Tim do for one another. You get it all in Just Say Yes, and that is just part of what made this book so great to read!
- The supporting characters that make this series what it is. Not to be outdone, the supporting characters that make up the Strictly Business Series are not to be missed. They’re all distinctive and wonderful in their own ways, and they add the glue that helps bring this story together. They add a true sense of family and friendship to every page, and they’ll all give you so much that you will enjoy every moment of. I love them all, and it was so good to spend some more time with them again in this book. Seeing them all here made me love them all more, and I seriously can’t wait for more time with all of them. I need more of them stat, and you will too when you read this book.
Just Say Yes was another book by Elizabeth Hayley that I could not put down. It was enrapturing to say the least, and had me feeling and loving every minute I spent between its outstanding pages. Quinn and Tim’s story is fun, meaningful, full of all the feels, and will give you a truly memorable reading experience that you won’t want to end.
This book highlights the talent of this writing duo, and the vibrant and meaningful stories they so thoughtfully and fantastically craft.
Just Say Yes is a story about taking chances. About looking deep within yourself, discovering what you truly want and desire, and what you’ll do and how much you’ll fight to get that something. It’s a story about throwing that caution to the wind, and seeing the extraordinary places those chances and risks can take you, if you only give them the chance. Tim and Quinn’s story in Just Say Yes allows you to take that journey with them, heart first and feeling it all, and in the end I guarantee you will be beyond satisfied with every outstanding word and feeling you get from them in this book.
So what are you waiting for? Grab Just Say Yes this very instant. And while you’re at it, grab every single other book by Elizabeth Hayley. You won’t regret reading this book, or any of their others for that matter. Read this book, let it wow you, let it make you feel and laugh and smile, and let yourself live and breathe through its brilliant pages.
Take that chance, just say yes, and fall in love with the literal amazingness of this book and Tim and Quinn’s vibrant, captivating, and truly incredible story.
~Just Say Yes~
~The Best Medicine~
Be sure to check out Elizabeth Hayley’s other books because they are all AMAZING!
~Pieces of Perfect~
~Picking Up the Pieces~
~Perfectly Ever After~
~Pieces Series Box Set~
(Pieces of Perfect, Picking Up the Pieces, and Perfectly Ever After) All 3 for one price!