Fall in love with Maggie & Sven in Distraction by
Aurora Rose Reynolds
NOW AVAILABLE ON ALL RETAILERS!
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1UKdlax
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1S0puu5
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1JTCS0A
Distraction: The great intensity, novelty, or attractiveness of something other than the object of attention.
Sven is a man who takes pride in his ability to separate himself from his emotions. He’s a man who knows who he is and where he’s going in life, a man who needs no one, because needing someone, anyone, is a weakness.
His past taught him love isn’t enough.
Maggie wants the happily ever after, but has never picked the right men, or stuck around long enough, to build a forever. It’s always been easier to get out early, before emotions make things messy.
When Maggie wakes up naked in Sven’s bed, with no memory of the night before, these two must be honest about their feelings and face their fears, so they can build a future together.
Will love be enough for them to get their happy ending together, or will a threat from outside strike them down before they ever have a chance?
****4 Sven & Maggie Stars****
The Underground Kings Series by Aurora Rose Reynolds is one that I have seriously enjoyed reading. These books are action packed, full of heat and heart felt feelings that run core deep, and they’ve got a raw edge to them that makes me love everything that I’m reading. Each new book has brought me a different couple to fall in love with, and after reading the first two books in this series, I was more than ready to read the final book, Distraction.
Sven and Maggie’s story is one I have been waiting for, especially after all the little teases that Aurora Rose Reynolds has given about their story, so when this book hit my kindle, I was ready for it. I read Distraction in one sitting, and could not put it down. That wasn’t surprising to me at all because Aurora Rose Reynolds never fails to write a story that I can get completely lost in from start to finish.
Distraction was an all-around great book that was equal parts intense, alluring, and filled with so much that I’ve come to love and look forward to with this series. It was written with the raw, visceral, and almost gritty quality to it that had each new page bringing me a jaw dropping, action packed moment that never failed to speed my heart up a beat or two. It was full of a crazy hot and all-feeling connection between Maggie and Sven that I was completely drawn into, and it had a good balance of romance, feels, and emotions that had me feeling it all with Maggie and Sven.
This book gave me a chance to jump right into the thick of it with Maggie and Sven, going through everything the events of this book threw their way, and their story in Distraction was one that I couldn’t get enough of.
What I loved about Distraction:
- Maggie’s one helluva sassy fighter. It’s no secret that I love me a strong female character, and Maggie was that and more. She was strong and determined and she never failed to be sassy and fierce all the way through Distraction. I loved that Maggie held onto that fight and that strength, even when the events of this book challenged her. Even in those moments when most people would break or back down, Maggie didn’t. She always gave it her all and she never stopped fighting for what she wanted and what she needed, and that was just one of the many things that made her such a fantastic character. Maggie’s fight, combined with her kind heart, and sassy antics had me loving her to pieces through every page of Distraction.
- Sven knows how to steal your heart a bit. Sven’s character is one that I’ve been waiting to get more of since I first met him earlier in this series. That man has always been charming and alluring to say the least, and I was eager to see what it would be like for this man who was once all about his next hookup and about keeping an emotional distance, to find the one woman who would make him think different. And boy does Maggie make Sven think differently. Sven has a world of pain in his past that illuminates so much about why he thinks and feels the way he does, and I completely understood how that past led him to the present of this book. Over the course of Distraction you get to see this man fall, and fall he does, and that fall is consuming and intense, a bit bumpy from time to time, but is filled with so many moments with him that will make you melt a bit. Sven will definitely steal your heart a bit in this book with everything you get from him, and in the end you will just be melting with what that man gives you.
- An attraction that builds and explodes. Sven and Maggie definitely share a connection that pulls you into everything that you’re reading. That chemistry and connection they share has a steady build to it, leading to that inevitable explosion that is sure to squeeze your heart and make your cheeks heat up a bit. What I loved about what Sven and Maggie shared in Distraction was that it was equal parts build and explosion, which worked well for their story. That aspect also had me right in the thick of everything they were feeling and sharing with one another, and that had me so invested in what I was reading. What Sven and Maggie share is heated and full of feelings neither of them have experienced before, and watching those two fight to make it all work had me completely loving those two to pieces.
- Distractions, distractions, distractions. There are many distractions in this book that are bound and determined to keep Sven and Maggie on their toes through every page. Sven’s got the action and drama surrounding keeping himself, Maggie, and those they care about safe, while righting the wrongs he sees. Maggie is working her butt off to help her sister get clean and to be the support she needs, while somehow managing to do the things her parents should of done. Like I said, lots of distractions that fight to distract Sven and Maggie from what they’re sharing with one another. Let me tell you, I loved those distractions. Not that I wanted those distractions to keep Sven and Maggie apart, but I loved how Aurora Rose Reynolds seamlessly brought those distractions into the book. That made this book all the more exciting, raw, eventful, and intense, and it added to every single thing I was reading.
- The balance of it all. Aurora Rose Reynolds never fails to deliver a book that gives you everything you want and need in a good book. She gives you the romance and the heat that allows you to fall hard and fast for and with these characters. She gives you the action and shocking moments that send your heart racing as you figure it all out and experience everything the story has to offer. She also gives you the best amount of feels and emotion that will have you rooting with all you have for the couple of the hour. It all blends fantastically to make a story that is so beyond easy to love.
- The Underground Kings are kind of the best. This series have been one of my favorites by Aurora Rose Reynolds, and I love how it connects a group of characters that are distinctive and the best kind of intense. Now while each of these books are standalones, they do connect, and you really feel that connection in this final book. Aurora Rose Reynolds brings all of these fantastic characters together in this book, and brings this series to a close in a very fitting way that will have you loving them all even more than you already did. Kenton and Autumn, Kai and Myla, Sven and Maggie, and of course that wonderful Justin, all come together in Distraction to give you a story that gives you one last little bit of them all to hold onto and love.
Distraction was an all-around great book that I really enjoyed reading. Aurora Rose Reynolds gave me more of what made me fall in love with this series in the first place, while giving Sven and Maggie a fantastic story that I couldn’t get enough of. This was a book I had been waiting to read for so long, and I was so pleased with every bit I got of Sven and Maggie. Their story captured me in, squeezed my heart more times than I could count, and in the end I loved those two with everything I had.
Aurora Rose Reynolds is one of my go to favorite authors, and this book just reminded me of that again and again while I was reading. Her writing just hooks me in something fierce, and she always gives me interesting and engaging characters that are sure to win me over. Distraction was no different. Sven and Maggie’s story had it all, and in the end I was so happy with what they gave me in this book.
This series is a must read, and Distraction brings it all to a close in a way that does these characters and their respective stories the justice they deserve. This book had such a great amount of everything that makes a book enjoyable to read, and Aurora Rose Reynolds’s writing brought it all to the page in such a fantastic way. If you’re looking for a book you won’t want to put down, a book that’ll make your heart race and melt a lot, and characters you’ll love completely, then Distraction is just what you need!
“Fuck no,” I snap, loosening my tie. The last assistant I had ended up being a clusterfuck. The woman was pissed that I wouldn’t fuck her. I finally had to fire her ass when she brought another woman up to my office and proceeded to try and get me to join them on my couch when I walked in on them half naked. Work is work. Yes, I might invite women up to fuck, but never anyone I work with.
“It’s not like she’s your type,” he says, and I feel my jaw tick. “Besides, if she’s up here with you, she’ll stop harassing the women down there.” He nods toward where she’s sitting and my eyes follow the movement, seeing her talking to a girl who looks a little startled by whatever it is Maggie is telling her.
“It’s not happening. You guys need to keep her out of the club,” I tell him, turning away from the window.
“Just saying it would be a good way to keep an eye on her,” he gripes, patting my shoulder before leaving my office and closing the door behind him.
Letting out a frustrated breath, I turn away from the window and try to focus on all the shit I need to get done.
“Yeah,” I pick up my desk phone when it beeps and looking at the clock, seeing that an hour has passed since Teo left.
“Look out your window,” Zack says, and I spin my chair around and scan the floor, wondering what he wants me to see. Then I spot Maggie with a man’s head tucked under her arm as she leads him toward the front of the club, with Lane and Zack following closely behind them.
“What the fuck is going on?”
“That guy tried to put something in some chick’s drink, and Maggie saw him and went postal on his ass,” he explains almost proudly.
“Jesus Christ, what the fuck do I pay you for?” I gripe.
“I saw the whole thing. I was getting ready to step in when she stood up on her barstool, jumped on the guy’s back, and then did some fucking ninja shit, wrapping her arm around the guy’s head and forcing him to his knees. She won’t let him go. She said she wants to ask him some questions.”
“I’m on my way down,” I say, slamming down the phone and jerking open the door to my office, taking the stairs two at a time. Reaching the front of the club, I see Zack holding the guy and Lane’s arms wrapped around Maggie’s waist, trying to drag her away. What the fuck is going on?” I roar, and all eyes come to me except Maggie’s, who takes the opportunity to grab the man’s ear and twist, making him drop hard to the ground on his knees.
“You think it’s funny to drug innocent women, you flaming turd bucket?” she yells, hitting the top of the guy’s bald head, and Zack chuckles along with Lane, but I don’t see one damn thing that’s funny about this shit.
“Maggie, let him go and come here,” I growl, and she raises her eyes to meet mine, looking startled.
“I said get your ass over here now!” I yell, cutting her off and feeling the vein in my neck bulge as I point to the ground at my feet.
“Fine.” She pouts, letting the guy go, walking sullenly toward me as Zack pulls the man to his feet, taking him with him around the corner, with Lane following behind them with his phone to his ear. I’m sure they are going to have a talk and wait for the cops.
“Let’s go,” I say, wrapping my hand around the back of her neck, leading her through the club and up the stairs to my office. Sitting her in the chair in front of my desk, I walk over to the cabinets where I keep my personal bottle of scotch and pull out the cap. I then lift the bottle to my lips, taking a swig while trying to calm down.
“Alcohol isn’t good for you,” she informs me as I take a seat behind my desk.
“Do I look like I give a fuck about that?” I ask her, taking another swig.
“You might not care about what it can do to your body right now, but you may want to know that it lowers sperm count and stamina in the long run.”
“Jesus.” I shake my head and rub my eyes in aggravation.
“Just saying it’s not good for you,” she mutters, dropping her eyes to her lap.
“What happened downstairs isn’t okay, Mags.”
“Maggie,” she corrects, still not looking at me.
“Whatever,” I drone, taking another swig. “You could have gotten hurt.”
“I have a black belt—”
“Look at me,” I demand, cutting her off and slamming the bottle down on the top of the desk, waiting for her eyes to meet mine. “You could have gotten hurt or worse. Do you understand that? He could have had a weapon on him.”
“You don’t understand,” she whispers as tears fill her eyes, but I harden myself against them, needing her to understand this isn’t a fucking movie. This is real life, and there are bad—really fucking bad—people in this world.
“You’re not allowed on the club floor anymore,” I state firmly.
“I’m going to find the guys who hurt my sister,” she states, and I see the determination in her eyes that make me proud and pissed at the same time.
“If you come, you come to my office, and if something happens down there”—I point to the club floor over my shoulder—“you’ll be the first to know.”
“Why would I come to your office? I need to be at the bar where I can see what’s going on.”
“You just got the job as my new assistant,” I tell her, watching her frown while wondering what the fuck I’m doing. This chick is a distraction I do not need right now, or ever for that matter.
“I already have a job,” she says as her frown grows deeper.
“Well, quit. You’re here every night, Mags, and you don’t leave ‘til the club closes at one. I can tell by the bags under your eyes that you’re exhausted.”
“Why would you want me to work here?” Now, isn’t that the million dollar question?
“Either take me up on my offer, or I’m going to have a restraining order placed against you and you won’t be allowed within a few hundred feet of the club.” I shrug like it’s all the same to me.
“You know this is malarkey, right?” she stands and I take her in fully for the first time tonight. Her loose, sheer, black dress is cinched with a thin belt emphasizing the dip in her waist between her full hips and breasts. Her hair is down in a mass of messy waves, and her makeup is subtle but still draws attention to her eyes, which look even more golden now that she’s standing in front of me looking pissed off.
“I’m not messing around with you anymore either. You take me up on my deal, or I’ll call the police and have them escort you off the premises,” I tell her, ignoring the fact I’m getting hard just looking at her.
“This is total crap,” she mumbles, looking around before meeting my eyes again.
“Take it or leave it.”
“Jeez, can I have a second to think?” she cries, and I feel my lips twitch, so I rub my hand down over my mouth to hide it.
“Ten,” I state, watching her eyes narrow. “Nine…eight…seven…” I continue counting, watching as she looks at me like she’s ready to kill me. “Six,” I raise a brow. “Five…”
“Fine!” she yells when I open my mouth to finish my countdown.
Additional Books in the Underground Kings Series
Assumption (Book 1)
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1qaNWJ3
Obligation (Book 2)
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1EWf7QW
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1y2bxMH
Aurora Rose Reynolds is a navy brat who’s husband served in the United States Navy. She has lived all over the country but now resides in New York City with her Husband and pet fish. She’s married to an alpha male that loves her as much as the men in her books love their women. He gives her over the top inspiration everyday. In her free time she reads, writes and enjoys going to the movies with her husband and cookie. She also enjoys taking mini weekend vacations to nowhere, or spends time at home with friends and family. Last but not least she appreciates everyday and admires it’s beauty.
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest
$50 Amazon Gift Card
Share link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/share-code/MDk5NjRmMDM5ZDM4YTBjYWM0YzAyYzM0NGI2ODRhOjc5NA==/?