Title: Wilde Forever
Author: Suzanne Halliday
Series: Wilde Women Book 1
Release Date: 9/15/14
Just a little tease…
*****5 Fanfreakingtastic Stars*****
Wilde Forever was a book that I absolutely loved every freaking aspect of whole heartedly. Though that didn’t surprise me one bit since every book I’ve read by Suzanne Halliday has hit it out of the damn park. This author’s books are phenomenal with a capital P, and I heart her characters and books something fierce.
They’ve just got a certain magic to them that I simply cannot resist. And let’s be honest, who would ever want to resist pure unadulterated magic between the pages of a book? (The answer to that question is no one, in case you were wondering.)
Wilde Forever begins with a vibrant and highly enchanting opening in which you meet the Baron-Wilde clan and all their amazingness. I was on about page 1 and a half of the prologue when I KNEW this book was going to be a 5 star read for me. Those characters just sucked me in like a hoover vacuum cleaner.
The remainder of the story that flowed between those pages had me falling in love more with every word, and I couldn’t get enough of this story, its characters, and its overall magnificence on the page.
What I simply adored about this book:
- Brynn’s got some chutzpah. Brynn is a strong female who is extremely determined, and she doesn’t give up for anything. Some may call that stubborn. I call it being fantastic and real. I loved that she was sassy as all get out, and the sarcasm flowing from her mouth was beyond fabulous. The thing though that stands out most about Brynn is her tenacity and strength in every situation. That girl is stronger than I could ever imagine, and she is a force to be reckoned with. It was such an outstanding delight to read a strong female with one hell of a charming and fierce personality. Like I said, that girl has some chutzpah, and you will absolutely adore her for that.
- Jax and his fiercely protective ass. Jax has a fierce and heartfelt protectiveness towards Brynn. You feel this in the way he looks at her, the way he thinks of her, and the way he acts towards her. It just warms your heart, and exemplifies how good of a guy he is. Even in those moments of darkness and pain he has, this light and goodness shines from him. Jax also feels with all he’s got. He puts it all out there, and is unapologetic for that, which practically made me swoon for him. He’s also got a lovely little dirty mouth on him that had me wanting to climb him like a tree.
- The instant and deep connection. Jax and Brynn have an instant and heartfelt connection that just drew me in. Their initial meeting is highly memorable, and you will feel how deep their feelings for one another are immensely. It also helps that they have chemistry out the yin yang, and their banter will have you cracking a smile on just about every other page. All of that combines to make an insanely amazing connection you will feel in your bones.
- The sense of family. There is an immediate sense of family in this book that continues to weave its way beautifully throughout the entire book. (And in any of Suzanne Halliday’s books for that matter.) Her books truly shine in this respect. You feel the love and care these characters have for one another, and that is just magnificent. Even though this book isn’t necessarily about them, you will get to know them too through this story, and you will love every encounter you have with them. They are highly memorable in their own unique way (cough, Nana, cough), and they help make this book exceptional.
- The spark. Jax and Brynn both have a spark about them, and when that spark comes together, it skyrockets off the page. You feel that spark in what they’re saying, in their innuendo, in the looks they give, in everything. The spark between them makes for some pretty awesome heat that’ll have you searching for a fan, while also exemplifying what it means to really feel that “spark”.
- The moments of vulnerability. These moments will take your breath away. There are moments for both Jax and Brynn when they both put all their vulnerabilities on the table. All their emotions, fears, thoughts, doubts, and everything else in between. Those moments show them at their best and not so best, but will have you feeling for them both immensely. They’re going to speed your heart up, melt your heart in the same instant, and put you back together again before all is said and done. The level of vulnerability from these characters is exceptional.
- The realness. The authenticity of the events, feelings, and emotions in this book was wonderful. It all just felt so real, and Suzanne Halliday creates a world that is so easy to sink right into. You will feel as if you know these characters personally while reading, and their story is so utterly believable for who they are and what they go through. The realness of these characters and story make it simply easy to connect with every aspect of the book.
- All the feels. This book has so many emotions and feelings weaving their way through it. At times it is funny, sexy and hot as hell, and full of emotion and vulnerability at others. These characters experience it all, and their feelings that you will feel yourself are just astounding in the way they come across on the page. These feels will have you feeling for them, connecting with them, and you’ll just want to reach in and hug them both because of the level with which they feel.
- The fight for the happy. As we know, I like books that make characters fight for the happiness they so rightfully deserve. This book was no different. Jax and Brynn have both been through hell and back in situations that are wholly their own. They come together and have a remarkable connection, but then have to figure out where to go from there. They have to fight for that happy together that they so truly deserve and want. Reading how they go about that fight is the reason why reading this book was such a magnificent and unforgettable reading experience.
- The beginning of the journey. This is just the beginning for both Jax and Brynn and their families that make some unforgettable appearances, and I know that I am going to love every additional book to the world Suzanne Halliday has created in Wilde Forever. It is truly exceptional to read a book where you’re fully invested with the characters you are currently reading while also having a strong connection to characters you’ve really yet to meet. That’s powerful, and speaks to the wonderful and unforgettable characters thoughtfully crafted within Suzanne Halliday’s books.
Clearly I could continue on about this book, but I’m going to try and reign it in a smidge. But just a smidge, because I absolutely enjoyed every single aspect of this highly engaging book. There wasn’t one thing I didn’t like, and this book is just another example of Suzanne Halliday’s fantastic writing and character creation.
I am really coming to find that reading a book by Suzanne Halliday is like coming home. The characters in the story just envelop you with their warmth, care, love, humor, fun, and everything else in between. They just make you realize why reading an honest to God good book is all it’s cracked up to be. I promise you that if you read any one of her books, but especially Wilde Forever, you will feel like you’re coming home. The book and its characters will capture you in, and they won’t ever really let you go. That doesn’t often happen when you read, so take that as a sign that this book at its foundation is truly exceptional in every way.
Remember that. Feel that. And cherish that feeling you’ll have after reading this outstanding book.
Facebook Twitter Goodreads Amazon
More amazing books by Suzanne Halliday!
One thought on “Wilde Forever by Suzanne Halliday”
Pingback: Blog Tour: Wilde Forever by Suzanne Halliday | The Never Ending Book Basket