If I could give this book more than 5 stars, I most definitely would! Hold on to your butts folks, because this book was freaking phenomenal, and I know y’all are going to love it as much as I did!
By: Suzanee Halliday
Sometimes …Happily Ever After comes with a price
Alex Marquez wears many hats. Sometimes he’s the slightly patrician Don of a family with deep Spanish roots. Other times he’s a brilliant tech-God and CEO of an exclusive security agency. He’s also a boss, a musician, and a fierce friend. At the core though he’s a former Special Forces Commander, wounded in action, haunted by the heavy burdens of regret and what ifs that linger to this day. For him, personal redemption would never come. Too much darkness, not enough light.
And then Meghan O’Brien swoops into his life. She’s a ball busting curvy goddess who instantly pushes all Alex’s buttons.
When ghosts from the past threaten to destroy their relationship, Alex pushes her away. Meghan has a promising life ahead while his was blown to bits in a war zone. Hurt and bewildered, she comes to realize that loving Alex as she did was not a guarantee of an easy future. He had demons and if she took him on, those nightmares and the emotional aftermath were going to be coming along for the ride.
Was the redemption Alex sought to be found in her arms? Would finding his soul through the love of another finally send the demons packing and lay the past to rest?
Let me start of this review by saying that I absolutely freaking loved this book, and I could rave about it for pages and pages. I have read all of the other books in the Justice Brothers Series, but I have to say this one is my favorite. (Not that I didn’t love the others, but this one just took the cake!)
And when you read a book that has the line “Bitches like romance” in it, how could you possibly not love the book? The answer to that question is you can’t. You won’t be able to resist the magnificence that is Redeeming Justice. It’s just impossible because this book was just that good.
What I absolutely freaking adored about this book:
- Redemption Seeking Alex Marquez. Alex Marquez was a truly flawed character seeking redemption for things he ultimately had no control over. He has some very dark moments, but those moments combined with his physical and emotional scars just made me love and feel for him so much more. He’s also charming as hell, and even when he’s an ass, you’ll heart him something fierce.
- Meghan’s Got Some Sass. I absolutely loved Meghan’s character. She had some serious sass and fire flowing through her, and I adored when that came out full force. She was a no nonsense gal who was the perfect match for Alex’s brooding self. Getting to read and see her spark was just phenomenal, and I couldn’t help but love her.
- The Chemistry Is Off The Charts. The chemistry between Alex and Meghan is scorching hot. It’s freaking off the charts, and while reading you’ll be searching for your fan because it’s so hot. That heat defines the strength of the instantaneous and powerful connection they have, and makes this book what it is.
- The Ups and Downs. The ups and downs that this book take you through are truly engaging and will keep you enthralled with this book until the last page. You won’t be able to put this book down because you will HAVE to know how everything turns out for these two. I dare you to not read this book in one sitting. I. DARE. YOU.
- The Gangs All Here. This book brings back all of the other characters in the series that I just adore to pieces: Cam, Lacey, Draegyn, and Tori. The connections these characters have run deep, and you feel that through every word. Suzanne Halliday does an extraordinary job of bringing these dynamic characters together in such a way that is moving beyond words. You’ll feel the love they have for one another wholly, and it’ll just make you smile.
- The Fight for the Happy. The fight that Alex goes through within himself, and the fight he goes through with Meghan throughout the book is wholly captivating. He’s fighting his inner demons, and both he and Meghan are fighting a lot to be together. That fight and that tenacity is just breathtaking. Both of these characters push each other to be better, and that brings out so much in both of them that you see in their alternating perspectives.
- Family, Family, Family. This entire series is about family. You see some really great ones, and some really bad ones, but the true family in this series is the Justice Brothers. This book at its heart and soul is about family and the connections developed with others. You feel that connection with family with every word, and it’s just beautiful to read.
- The Light. While this book is probably the heaviest book in the series when it comes to inner demons and darkness, the light that shines through that darkness is magnificent. This book balances that dark and light wonderfully, and there were many moments that I couldn’t help but smile and laugh out loud at. That balance of the dark and the light is just great, and all that darkness makes the light so much better…
- The Theme of Redemption. This book is about a lot of things, but redemption is probably the biggest. This theme weaves its way through both Alex and Meghan, and it just makes this book remarkable. For Alex, redemption is what he seeks, and at times that journey is so utterly painful and raw that you’ll just want to reach in and comfort him until its better. Through all those instances though you will be captivated by it all.
So I could go on and on about this book, but I’ll cut it off here. I sincerely hope you give Redeeming Justice and the other Justice Brothers a chance, because you won’t be sorry if you do. To end this review I’m “stealing” what I already wrote in my Goodreads review of this book, because I think it sums it all up pretty well.
Redeeming Justice is a book about a lot of things. It’s about redemption for things in the past. It’s about healing from past hurt. It’s about finding the light, and it’s about finding the love that makes all the pain worthwhile. This book was out of this world remarkable, and made for a truly great reading experience you won’t want to miss. The characters are great, the story is magnificent and well-paced, and in the end, you’ll be so happy you had a chance to experience it!
Meet the Author:
Suzanne Halliday can be found at the following links, so be sure to check her out today because she is just fabulous!
Giveaway: Click below to enter!