By: Eliza Brown
Genre: Romantic Suspense/Contemporary Romance
Cash is a sexy, smart, cocky, ruthless, impulsive, and jaded bad boy.
Clair is shy, innocent, responsible and just plain old nice. She’s also in love with Cash….
Clair has worked for Cash at his Private Investigation firm for the last three years. She’s also been in love with him for just as long. She has kept her feelings for him a secret since she knows she’s not his type. But she is sick of being the sweet girl nobody notices. It’s time to be the girl she always wanted to be. She’s ready to put herself out there and try to get his attention. Unfortunately for Clair, she also catches the eye of someone else, and this someone, isn’t going to let her walk away easily.
Cash is forced to put all his experience as an ex-marine and private investigator to use when Clair is put in danger. But while he’s doing that, he starts to see her in a new light. He is determined to fight his new found attraction to her. She’s a good girl, sweet, gentle and kind. Not qualities he’s usually interested in. But things have changed. She’s changed. And now that Clair is in danger he’s finding it harder to keep himself under control.
Can Cash protect her from this new threat? And keep his hands off her, even though there’s no denying the attraction between them?
Just a little tease…
**4 1/2 HOT HOT STARS**
Undeniable Attraction was a book that hooked me in right from the beginning. Eliza Brown did a fabulous job of creating characters that instantly engaged me, as well as providing a story I couldn’t help but love.
What f-ing loved about this book:
- Cash is gritty and tough. Cash is rough and gritty and downright crude at times, but boy does that just work for him. That was his character, and he owned it fully. His character is a little rough around the edges at first because of what he’s going through, but over the course of this book he really opened up, and his true self came through. Reading Cash is kind of like cracking a shell to get down to the really good stuff. It might take a bit to get there, but when you finally do get there, it’s so freaking good.
- Clair stands tall against it all. Clair is thrown so many curveballs, and despite each one, she stands up and faces it all with her head held high. I respected that tremendously with her character, and it made me want to just cheer her on. I love heroines who have chutzpah, and Clair is no different. Clair was also just so endearing, and was wholly relatable and believable through every page. Everything she feels you feel, and that’s just magnificent.
- The Undeniable Attraction. This book is very aptly titled. There is a true undeniable attraction between Clair and Cash that keeps building and building in this book until that attraction explodes. Almost literally. That build of attraction between these two is very well developed, and fits their relationship to a tee. It also makes this book nice and spicy which is always lovely.
- The Action Packed Book. I read this book in one sitting because I could not put it down. It is so action packed with well written drama and so many instances that will have you dying to know what happens next. That action also brings out a lot from these characters. Reading how Cash and Clair handle that together just made me love them together even more, and it totally illuminated the fight they had within them to fix all that was going wrong around them.
- Coming out of the shell. Clair seriously comes out of her shell throughout this book. At the beginning, she’s made it a goal to come out of her shell and be the girl she’s always wanted to be. (Told you she had chutzpah!) The way she comes out of her shell was great, and it just made me like Clair more.
- Tessa and Clair’s Friendship. I’m a true sucker for female friendship, and Tessa and Clair’s is just fabulous. They’re all each other has, and the interactions between them are very authentic of female friendship. Reading their friendship together will just make you smile. It also helped that Tessa cracked me up half of the time.
- Cash’s Protectiveness Over Clair. Cash is severely protective of Clair, and that all just heightens when danger begins to surround her. That protectiveness speaks to Cash’s true character, and the fierceness with which he cares for her. Cash will go to any length to protect Clair, and out of that protectiveness come so much for him. During those moments of protectiveness you see Cash at his very best.
- The Vulnerability. Both Clair and Cash have different instances of vulnerability that come to light in their story. Those moments are painful and filled to the brim with emotion, but how Cash and Clair are there for one another in those moments is beautiful.
- The Connection Between all of the Characters. The way all of the characters come together adds another fantastic layer to the events in the story. The relationships between Clair, Cash, Kai, and Tessa are developed in such a way that you feel the different connections between all of them. You feel that connection weave its way thoughtfully throughout the book in a way that will make you love all of them.
- The Way it all Comes Together. I clearly won’t tell you what happens in the end of this book, but I will tell you it’s one wild ride. It’s full of twist and turns that’s going to send your heart racing at times. It’s got some very low lows, but when you get to those highs, it’s just spectacular. (And it makes those lows worth it in a way.) This book has some serious emotion to it as well, and the way that emotion comes together through all the characters makes this book a truly great read.
Eliza Brown is a simple little housewife from Cairns, Australia, with a wicked good imagination. She is the mother to three crazily cute kids and the wife of a Sexy Arse Tree Lopper. She is also baby sister to a Certified Nutbag, a Linesman and a Fireman.
Eliza spends her days running around after her kids and jotting down stories that come to her at inconvenient moments in her leather, flower embossed notebook. (She is very particular about her stationary.) Or in her iPhone or iPad or whatever she can get her hands on. (Damn kids keep running off with her stationary.)
When the kids are napping nine times out of ten, you will find Eliza sitting at her computer typing as fast as she can, while she can. Generally with her phone wedged between her shoulder and ear bouncing ideas off her sister.