A Novel by SC Ellington
Unsettled Romance Series # 2
Releases August 5th 2014
Amazon Amazon UK Barnes &Noble
🌟🌟4 1/2 FANTASTIC STARS🌟🌟
After reading Unsettled and falling in love with Brooklyn and Logan’s story, I was very eager to read Surrounded and find out how things would work out for them. I was not disappointed one bit by this story, and I loved getting to spend more time with these fabulous characters. Logan and Brooklyn’s story is one that I guarantee you will just love.
What I loved about Surrounded:
- The Passion. This book is definitely a passionate one, and I could feel the passion between Logan and Brooklyn throughout the entire book. Even when things weren’t so peachy between them, I could feel that tangible passion between them. They have a true chemistry which was so easy to feel.
- The Pushing. Both of these characters push the other one to move on from what they both have in their past, and to see the good in what they have together. That pushing makes them both better, and just shows how far they were both willing to go for one another. That pushing showed a lot about these characters.
- Logan’s Got Some Tenacity. I loved Logan’s character, and especially since this book showed his perspective. The tenacity that Logan has to prove his feelings to Brooklyn just made me adore his character even more. He doesn’t give up, and that’s kind of important. He’s also sweet as hell, so that helps.
- The Overall Journey of Brooklyn. Brooklyn goes through a lot of changes on her Journey through the events in Unsettled and Surrounded. She overcomes so much, and finds some true strength within her. She’s a strong female lead, and even when she was at her weakest, she had one hell of a backbone.
- Dual Perspectives! We all know I heart me a book that gives me multiple perspectives, and this one was no different. Surrounded allows you to see both Logan and Brooklyn’s POV’s, and it illuminates so much about each of them. I also loved that the beginning of this book shows you more from Logan’s perspective on events from the past.
- The Other Relationships. I adored the secondary characters in this book, and the other relationships that were highlighted in Surrounded. Brooklyn’s friendship with Alex was wonderful to read and it stood out in such a perfect way. Reading Logan’s complicate relationship with his family was also very intriguing, and added another great layer to this book.
- It’s All in the Pace. The pacing of this book worked really well with the events that happen in Surrounded. This books picks up right where things left of in Unsettled, and I for one was dying to know what would happen. The pacing makes it easy to hook right into this book.
- The Theme of Being Surrounded. The title of this book is Surrounded, and boy does that fit. The theme of being surrounded and being open to the feelings around you is beautifully weaved through this book. Logan and Brooklyn are surrounded by their feelings for one another, and that comes across in such a magnificent way.
- Brooklyn Finds Herself. One of my favorite things about this book was reading how Brooklyn discovers who she truly wants to be. Her “finding herself” was so authentically written, and I adored getting to read how she was finally able to find what she wanted in all aspects of her life.
Overall, I really enjoyed reading both Unsettled and Surrounded. SC Ellington does a great job of creating characters that come to life off of the page, while creating a story that will engage you from beginning to end. Both of these books were fantastic, and I cannot wait to see what this author writes next because whatever it is, I know it’ll be wonderful!
Goodreads Author: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7265096.S_C_Ellington
Facebook Release Party – 6th August: https://www.facebook.com/events/1505377223028558/?context=create&source=49
Facebook Discussion Group:
In an attempt to escape her heartbreaking past, Brooklyn seeks refuge in bustling Washington DC where she folds into the fast paced society unnoticed…until she meets a young entrepreneur, Logan Colton.
Brooklyn is surprised to find that while she has been successful in keeping the opposite sex at bay, somehow she is defenceless against Logan’s confidence and charm—and it doesn’t hurt that he is absurdly beautiful. While thrilled with Logan’s candour, Brooklyn hesitates, as she can’t seem to move past the heartache that she suffered at the hands of Damon.
As much as Logan didn’t plan on pursuing her, he is drawn to Brooklyn’s muted beauty and her witty persona. For all his success, Logan is ensnared in the coveted world of unequivocal wealth and power, but behind closed doors is taunted by demons and an undeniable need to atone for a monumental mistake.
As the two embark on a tumultuous obstacle course saturated with unknown twists and turns, Brooklyn is left to question whether she can endure the journey ahead.