Size Matters (A Perfect Fit #1)
By: Alison Bliss
The rules of (fake) engagement . . .
Leah Martin has spent her life trying to avoid temptation. But she’s sick of low-fat snacks, counting calories, and her hyper-critical mom. Fortunately, her popular new bakery keeps her good and distracted. But there aren’t enough éclairs in the world to distract Leah from the hotness that is Sam Cooper – or the fact that he just told her mother that they’re engaged . . . which is a big, fat lie.
Sam sometime speaks before he thinks. So what started out as defending Leah’s date-ability to her judgmental mother soon turned into having a fiancee! Now the plan is to keep up the fake engagement, stay “just friends,” and make Leah’s family loathe him enough to just call the whole thing off . But Sam has an insatiable sweet tooth, not only for Leah’s decadent desserts but her decadent curves. Her full lips. Her bright green eyes. Yep, things aren’t going quite according to plan. Now Sam has to convince Leah that he’s for real . . . before their little lie turns into one big, sweet disaster.
*****5 Phenomenal Stars*****
Alison Bliss continues to be one of my favorite authors for so many reasons. Her books never fail to make me laugh out loud with their vibrant and sass filled humor, her characters never fail to sear themselves to my heart through every single second of charm and wonderfulness I get with them, and her enrapturing stories never fail to allow me to feel and experience it all as her thoughtfully crafted stories unfold. Her stories are ones that you feel and experience every word of, and all of her books are some of my most favorite reads ever.
The way that Alison Bliss blends her smart dialogue, her banter filled and fiery characters, and the best and most distinctive charm that envelops you in with all that it has creates a book that literally gives you it all, and I truly can’t say that enough.
Going into Size Matters I knew that I would be getting a story that was exceptionally written, and I knew that it would be sure to make me laugh and blush and feel it all as I experienced what this book had to offer. And you know what? I got just that, and so much more while reading Size Matters. I got a story that made me feel it all. I got a story that had me melting and falling right along with these two. I got a story that was so darn good to read, and then some, and that was just part of what made this such a fulfilling and enjoyable read.
Size Matters was a story that was easy to connect and relate to through every word, while simultaneously being the perfect escape that I needed, and I truly can’t recommend it enough!
What I loved about Size Matters:
- Leah and her sassy and relatable self. Leah was such a relatable, smart, and strong female character to get to know and love in this story. What I think I loved the most about Leah was that she never failed to bring that sass and fire, while also having those real, honest, and vulnerable moments too. Alison Bliss completely created Leah’s character in a way that made her easy to love and connect to, while also giving her the same thoughts, feelings, and reactions that most women feel. The way that she balanced that strength and vulnerability had me loving Leah’s character to pieces, all while loving being with her every step of the way as she found more of that strength and realized what she wanted. Leah is a gem of a character who will make you laugh and smile and just feel so much, and that is truly just a fraction of what I loved about her in this book.
- Sam’s trying to figure it all out. Sam was such a phenomenal male character to get to know and love in this book. He was such a good guy trying to figure out how to make a unique situation work, and I loved every second of this book with him as he tried to fix it all, while also trying to figure out what he was feeling for Leah. What I loved about Sam’s character was that even though he had those moments where he was a bit of a butt, and he was definitely still trying to figure it all out, he was still a good guy through and through. He also made me laugh and blush through so much of this book, and that had me rooting like crazy for this man through everything and every feeling that came his way in this story. Sam is real, so sweet, and a man that will steal your heart in no time flat, and I dare you to try to resist what that man brings to the table. His missteps along the way as he tries to wade through the world of feelings and connection he’s starting to feel will just make you love him more. Trust me on that.
- A sweet and fiery connection. The connection that Sam and Leah share is one fire from the very first second those two meet each other in this book. That instant connection between them is fierce, firing through every page, and it continues to grow and grow the more these two are together. It’s that same fire that soon finds these two in a predicament neither of them expected to be in, but the closer those two get, and the more they get to know one another, the more they realize they might be feeling a whole helluva lot for one another. What I loved about their connection was how I got to be there through every part of it. I got to see that first spark, I got to experience that flame growing, and I also got to be there when the fireworks between Sam and Leah exploded in the most mesmerizing way. That coupled with how sweet and blushworthy what these two share is will have you falling for them in no time flat.
- Build, build, and more glorious build. One of the best parts of this book was getting to experience the glorious build that happens between Sam and Leah. There is such an all-feeling build and tension to what those two share, and the way that Alison Bliss thoughtfully crafted that and brought it to life on the pages of this book made my heart race again and again. What I loved about that build was that it pulled me in so much to what I was reading, it invested me in what those two were fighting so hard against, and it simultaneously had me knowing that what these two could share was so beyond worth it. That build was equally consuming and exciting, and the way that Alison Bliss creates it and brings it to life will have you beyond in this story, feeling it all with Leah and Sam.
- That oh so wonderful charm. It wouldn’t be an Alison Bliss book without some serious charm, and Size Matters was no different. Whether it was Sam and Leah, or the fabulous supporting characters, every single character I got to know in this book found a way to charm their way into my heart. Whether it was their personality or their banter or everything in between, I loved getting to experience that charm and vibrancy. That made reading this book so enjoyable and so fun, and it made all of these characters feel even more real because of that distinctive charm they all had. I loved getting that in this book so much, and I for one can’t wait for more of it as this series continues!
- Authenticity for the win! I have to say one of my favorite aspects of this book was how real and relatable all of these characters were. All of their thoughts, reactions, and feelings were easy to understand and relate to with how great of an understanding Alison Bliss gives you of their characters. I also found their struggles and questions and doubts to be wholly honest and endearing in the same moment because I think at one point, all of us have felt the exact same thing. That authenticity, and how it burst from every page, made this story even more real, even more fantastic to experience because of how it felt getting all of that with these characters, all while making it even more of an incredible read. All of that made me love what I was reading even more, and every page just strengthened that love fiercely.
Size Matters was a phenomenally written, wholly enjoyable read that made me fall oh so hopelessly in love with every single thing that Sam and Leah were sharing. I found this story to be so real and authentic, so easy to love and fall right into, and so utterly fantastic from start to finish. This book made me laugh, smile, blush, and feel it all along the way with these two as they tried to sort out their unique predicament and the world of feelings they were sharing. From the very first page of this book I was hooked, and I truly can’t say enough how much I loved this book.
This was such an incredible start to this series, and I for one can’t wait for more! This book proved over and over again how phenomenal of a writer Alison Bliss is, and how much I LOVE her stories. She literally never disappoints, and the way that she so outstandingly crafts this story will have you loving every single moment you get within its pages.
This book was one that I loved every single word of, and I am telling y’all you will love it. From its charm, to its incredible characters, to its banter and sparks, to everything in between that pulls you in even more, you will be hooked. Size Matters is a story that is so easy to fall right into, so easy to love, and so darn phenomenal. Trust me on that one!
Just a little tease….
Buy Size Matters Today!!
As the youngest of five girls, Alison Bliss has never turned down a challenge…or been called by the right name. Her writing career may have started out as a dare by one of her sisters, but Alison hasn’t put her pen down since.
She grew up on a small island off the Texas Gulf Coast, where most of her childhood vacations consisted of camping or hunting trips to the deer lease. Although she’ll always be a Texan at heart, Alison currently resides in the Midwest with her Iowa farm-boy husband and their two sons. With so much testosterone in her home, it’s no wonder she writes “girl books.”
She’s an animal lover, a closet video game enthusiast, and believes the best way to know if someone is your soul mate is by canoeing with them because if you both make it back alive, it’s obviously meant to be. Alison’s an avid romance reader who enjoys penning the type of books she loves to read most: fun, steamy love stories with heart, heat, laughter, and usually a cowboy or two. As she calls it, “Romance…with a sense of humor.