by Suzanne Halliday
Wilde Women #3
Publication Date: April 20, 2016
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Read for Free in Kindle Unlimited: Amazon
Not all romantic fantasies come with a happily ever after.
While gallivanting around Europe, artist and happy hippie, Charlize Baron-Wilde meets a charming and princely knight who awakens the romantic yearnings locked away inside her heart.
But who is this romantic hero? Caleb Tyler Merrill is not a happy camper. Restless, and dissatisfied he happens upon an American wild child stealing peanut butter from his pantry. Nothing in his life is ever the same after that.
Their sexy Roman affair however did not have a happy ending. Secret identities. Manipulation. Desire. Fascination. Regret. All intersect in the wrong place and at the worst possible time. Torn apart by pride and miscommunication, the two lovers struggle for a way forward.
The younger brother and the little sister. Will the innocent Wilde child find her hearts and flowers ending or is she right to wonder if not all knights and princes are the best choice in the long run?
The conclusion to the Wilde Women saga has it all. Humor. Love. Heartbreak. Sexy times. The bonds of family. Even a meddling grandmother and two sets of pushy parents.
Wilde Magic … believe.
****4.5 Fantastic Wilde Stars****
Wilde Magic was a book that I had been anticipating for a long time, and it is one that did not disappoint. Ever since I read the first book in Suzanne Halliday’s beautiful, romantic, and so thoughtfully crafted Wilde Women Series, I knew I wanted and needed each of these sisters stories. First I got Brynne and how Jax brought her and her love back to life. Then I got Rhiann and her intense second chance with Liam. And last, but certainly not least, I got Charlie and her story with Caleb with what happens when one fierce and vibrant woman, meets a man who could just be exactly what she needs.
To say I have loved each and every one of these books is putting it mildly. I have adored them. I have looked forward to them. I have loved every bit of their romance and build and heat, as they gave me stories of intense and all-feeling love. I have been blown away by the eloquent and mesmerizing writing of Suzanne Halliday that creates the most tangible experiences, and characters, and stories. I have loved every piece of the Wilde Women Series, and getting to know these three dynamic, headstrong, and vibrant sisters has been simply fabulous.
As sad as I am to see them all go, I must say Suzanne Halliday takes them all out on the highest of notes with a book that devivers it all. She gives you one last fulfilling bit with them all, and with that she gives you the phenomenal story of Caleb and Charlize. He’s Jax’s younger brother, and she’s Brynne’s little sister, and together they have a kind of fireworks that will enrapture and mesmerize you through every page. Those two start off hot and heavy to say the least, and they can’t stop thinking about each other, yet some not so great things threaten to tear their love story apart.
Wilde Magic follows Charlize and Caleb on their consuming journey together as they try to figure out what they want, what they so desperately need, and if their immense feelings for one another can see them through even the bumpiest of roads as they try to figure out their path together.
What I loved about Wilde Magic:
- The many wonderful sides of Caleb. Caleb Merrill has so many sides to him, and you will fall so hard for all of them when you read this book. You’ll fall for the side of him that’s the Formula One racer, the side of him that is sweet and endearing, and the intense and alluring side of him that comes out in between. Over the course of Wilde Magic, you really get a sense of the many sides to Caleb, and how those sides came to be. Suzanne Halliday lets you dive heart first into his character to see who the real Caleb is, what the real Caleb wants, and what’s holding him back from having it all. I loved getting to understand and experience all those sides to Caleb because it really showed me what he was all about, the many intense things going on in his head, and all that he had been though. Suzanne Halliday let me understand him on the deepest of levels, and she showed me again and again what that man was all about. Even in the moments when he made his missteps and even when he faltered a bit, I got him, I loved him, and I rooted like crazy that he’d be able to find a way to figure it all out.
- Charlize is a sparkler. Charlize Baron-Wilde is a firecracker that is dazzling, vibrant, and so easy to be mesmerized by. That girl has sprit, a ton of spirit, and that spirit reveals so much about her. It shows the tenacity she has to do what she loves and believes in, it shows how open her heart is and how much she feels, and it reveals all the wonderful things that that girls has to offer to the world. I absolutely loved Charlie’s character, and I especially loved how truly and viscerally she felt. She wasn’t shy, and she didn’t hold back. She felt. She lived. She loved. Suzanne Halliday creates her character in a way that allows you to experience that literal magic with her through every page of this book, and I for one could not get enough of what that magic brought her and me as the reader as I fully experienced this book. Charlize is spirited, vibrant, and determined to get her life where she wants it to be, even if she’s not so sure yet what that actually means, and experiencing this story with her as she tried to figure it all out was nothing short of phenomenal.
- Feelings, and feelings, and feelings, oh my! The amount of feeling that exists between Charlize and Caleb is everything. It’s intense, it’s heated, and you will feel it in your bones while reading this book. From the moment those two meet, the sparks truly start to fly, and they soon find themselves building towards something neither of them expected. Their feelings soon become deeper and that’s when things get interesting. Some not so great things come their way, and force them apart, yet they soon find themselves closer to each other than they could ever believe. Through it all, both Charlie and Caleb feel so much for one another. Sometimes those feelings were good, and sometimes they weren’t so good, but boy did they feel. Suzanne Halliday creates and evokes those feelings with them through every page and she truly allows you to feel as if you are living this book with them. Feeling that, well that’s everything.
- Rough roads and twists and turns. Wilde Magic and the events within it definitely put Charlize and Caleb to the test a bit. The two of them fall hard and fast for one another, but not all is as it seems, and they soon find themselves separated and reeling after some seriously shocking moments. These two definitely have a path that is bumpy and full of twists and turns, yet through it all, they’re both there, trying to make sense of it all, and trying to figure out what in the world they’re going to do with all the feeling they feel. Those twists and turns and bumps aren’t easy for Charlize and Caleb, but they reveal so much about these two. Those events push them to be honest, to realize things about what they want and need, and it forces them to take a good old look at their lives and to take stock. Though it isn’t always easy for those two, what I will say is that it is so beyond worth it, and you will love getting to be there through it all!
- The tangible vibrancy! The title of this book has the word magic in it, and I don’t think there could have been a better title for the story you get within its wondrous pages. This book, this story, the feelings within it, and the characters that burst from it are full of vibrancy and color and life. It’s dazzling to experience, and it shows the true magic that Suzanne Halliday created with her words. She shows that that magic can change everything, and that the feelings that come with it are so deeply felt. Charlize and Caleb share that magic, and that tangible vibrancy brings it all to life in a way that will have you feeling and living it all in the most all-encompassing way.
- A sense of family. Like any of Suzanne Halliday’s books, Wilde Magic has this true sense of family within it from the supporting characters. That’s one of the major reasons I love her books because she always creates this sense of loyalty, this sense of connection and togetherness that emanates from each page and brings all these characters together. The bond and relationships between all of the Baron-Wilde sisters is fantastic to experience, and you will love how they all bring you into the fold. The dynamic between them is fun and engaging and so authentic, and how that all weaves its way into the story will have you feeling the deeply felt connection they all share. Add to that the brotherly relationship between Jax and Caleb, two sets of parents that are meddling in the sweetest of ways, and the matriarch of the family, with the one and only Bryanna Charles Baron-Wilde, and you have yourself one dynamic and distinctive family that will have your heart beyond full.
Wilde Forever was a story that I loved. It was a story of fireworks, connection, and what can happen when you meet someone who makes you want to hope and feel it all. This is a story of life and love, and what can happen when things get a little bumpy on that path to finding what you so desperately want and need. The story in this book with Caleb and Charlize allows you to experience the literal magic of falling, and how even though giving into that fall might be scary and it might hurt a bit, it is oh so worth feeling and experiencing every ounce of.
Caleb and Charlize’s story in Wilde Magic was full of the best romance, feels, and story that a girl could ask for. Suzanne Halliday allowed me to understand these characters on the deepest of levels in the authentic world she created within this book. She gave me every single wonderful bit of them, and I simply couldn’t get enough.
As sad as I am to say goodbye to them all, I have to say that the Wilde Women have given me one helluva ride full of romance and love and life and magic, and that will stay with me forever.
This series is phenomenal, and Suzanne Halliday brought it to a fulfilling end with her unique and beautiful writing. This series doesn’t disappoint one bit, and neither does Suzanne Halliday, so I am telling you, you need to read these books. They are fantastic, and I can’t recommend them to you enough!
Also in the Series
About Suzanne Halliday
Suzanne Halliday writes what she knows and what she loves – sexy adult contemporary romance with strong men and spirited women. Her love for creating short stories for friends and family has developed into a passion for writing romantic fiction with a sensual edge. She finds the world of digital, self-publishing to be the perfect platform for sharing her stories and also for what she enjoys most of all – reading. When she’s not on a deadline you’ll find her loading up on books to devour.
Currently a wanderer, she and her family divide their time between the east and west coast, somehow always managing to get the seasons mixed up. When not digging out from snow or trying to stay cool in the desert, you can find her in the kitchen, 80’s hair band music playing in the background, kids running in and out, laptop on with way too many screens open, something awesome in the oven, and a mug of hot tea clutched in one hand.