Between Us by Ella Fox is NOW LIVE!
Grab your copy of this amazing rocker standalone at the following retailers:
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/22F5eii
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/BetweenUsBN
His lifestyle. His rules.
Is she willing to risk her heart to play his game?
Guitarist Cole Hayes learned early that falling in love is the easiest way to lose. Determined never to go down that road, he sealed his heart off, numbing himself with erotic and sensual pleasures–with men and women alike. The rules were simple: group sex only and never one-on-one.
It’s all so simple until he meets Devon Bannister, the beautiful director shooting the documentary on his band. Suddenly, she’s all he can think about. Neither can deny the attraction and desire between them.
Although Devon is open to exploring Cole’s lifestyle, for the first time in his life, he finds himself reluctant to share.
How can he own all of her, if he’s only willing to give half of himself?
****4.5 Rocker Stars****
It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of Ella Fox. She never fails to give me a story that packs the most intense heat, the perfect build, and that gives me characters that are so beyond easy to fall for. Each and every one of her stories have this intensity to this, this emotional and visceral pull that lures you in heart first, and that has you practically melting and falling even more on every page. Her stories are exciting, so well-paced, and they pack the best kind of punch in more ways than one.
Between Us had all that I’ve come to love and appreciate about her outstanding writing, and it gave me a story I have been wanting and needing for so long.
This book was consuming, it was so easy to sink right into, and it put me back with some of the most memorable characters I have ever read. From the first page of this book, I was completely enraptured with Cole and Devon as they tried to figure out how they could be together. Ella Fox completely connected me to both of these characters in this book. She let me experience every event with them, and she let me understand exactly why he was so hesitant, and why she wanted him to give in so desperately.
Every page of this book gave me more of them to love and care and fight for, and the further I read, the further I fell for everything those two were sharing. It was equal parts heated and emotional and real, and I loved every bit of it.
What I absolutely loved about Between Us:
- A story I’ve been waiting for. Ever since I read the first book in The Renegade Saints Series, I have been eager to get Cole’s story. I got hints of what was going on with him in Picture Perfect, and I was beyond ready to get into his head to see what was really going on. I was also super ready to get to know Devon and Cole more, because from the moment I met them, I knew that I would love them. (And boy was I right on that one!) Ella Fox did a phenomenal job of weaving together everything that happens between Devon and Cole into the story that I’ve already to come to know and love with this series and these other supporting characters. She gave me so much of them, and it complimented everything else going on so well, and really it just made me love this series even more.
- Cole’s journey of self-discovery. Cole definitely goes on a bit of journey in this book. The way that Ella Fox starts this book allows you to really understand why Cole feels the way he does about commitment and being in a relationship. She gives you such a phenomenal understanding of him, his fears and his doubts and how they take root and continue to grow, and you get to see him at so many important parts of his life. Then you get to see him as he meets Devon, and when everything starts to change for him. Ella Fox allows you to be there through every moment of this book with him, and she really allows you to see how Devon starts to affect him and the way he thinks and feels about relationships. It isn’t always easy for Cole in this book, and there were so many times while reading this book that I wanted to reach it in and make it all better for him, but through every turn of the page I was with him and rooting for him that he would figure it all out. Getting to be there as he figured out what he really wanted and what he could really give to Devon was everything, and I loved every word of it.
- Devon’s got that spark. Devon’s character charmed me to pieces from the moment I met her in this series, and I fell even more in love with her character while reading this book. Devon just has this spunk about her that bursts from the page, and she was such an engaging character to get to experience. I loved that fire and spark that she had, and how she poured herself so truly and fully into everything she was doing and feeling in this book. The more I read Between Us, the more I connected to her character. I loved getting to be there with her as she started falling for Cole, and as she really determined what it is she was feeling and wanting with him. Like Cole, Devon goes on a bit of a journey in this book, and every step of that journey made me fall even more for her charm, her energy, and the phenomenal vibrancy that exuded from her.
- Heat, heat, and more mesmerizing heat. Ella Fox certainly knows how to build some intense heat, and the chemistry and build that she creates between Cole and Devon certainly had that heat in spades. The more I read this book, the more I fell under the pull that those two shared, and Ella Fox allowed me to feel every lick of what those two did for one another. The sexual chemistry and tension between them is so thick, you can practically cut it with a knife, and the more these two try to figure out what they could share and where it could lead, the more I felt that glorious tension. What Cole and Devon share is heated, real, and so raw and visceral on the deepest level, and I loved every single moment of this book that allowed me to feel that.
- Giving into something new. A huge part of the story in Between Us focuses on Cole’s journey to figuring out what it is he wants and needs, and how Devon could just be the one who changes everything. Along with Cole, Devon goes on a journey of discovering what it is her and Cole could share, if she allows herself to give into it, and if she’s able to help Cole figure out what he wants for the two of them. Both of these characters are giving into something new and seeing what that something new could bring them, and through every page of this book you become more invested in them finding and accepting that something new. Ella Fox hooks you into every bit of what Cole and Devon share together, every fear and worry they have, and every ounce of feeling they share with each other, and that will have you loving them both so much as they see what they could really have together.
- The best supporting characters a girl could ask for. Ella Fox certainly knows how to create a world of characters that find themselves right in your heart. I was beyond thrilled to be back with the amazing and distinctive characters of this series, and I absolutely loved every bit I got with them in this book. Gram and Pop, Flynn and Tessa, Gavin and Tyson were just the best, and I truly couldn’t get enough of them, and I absolutely loved getting to meet Lana in this book too. Ella Fox gives you so many memorable moments with them all, and she even hints at what’s to come next. It’s easy to say I heart these characters something fierce, and I can’t wait for more of them. Every moment with them all in this book and all these characters’ interactions with Cole and Devon made me love them even more. They’ll make you smile and laugh and feel so much, and that is just the best.
Between Us is a story about what happens when you meet that one person who can change everything. It’s about what happens when you meet someone who makes you second guess everything you think you know about yourself, and everything you thought you wanted. It’s about what happens when that person gives you hope, makes you look twice at those fears and doubts you’ve always had, and how that one person might just be exactly what you need.
This book is about taking chances, feeling it all, and experiencing the mesmerizing and heart melting things that can happen with that right person, as long as you let yourself actually have it.
Cole and Devon’s story in this book had the best level of heat, build, tension, and emotion, and it gave me so much of them to love. The more I experienced this book with them, the more I hoped with all that I had that they would be able to figure it all out. Ella Fox brought their story to life in a way that felt right, felt so good to read, and felt completely fulfilling. I can’t wait to read more of this series, and to get more of Ella’s phenomenal writing. I truly can’t get enough of this book, and everything I read in Between Us proved that over and over again!
He’s dead still for a second, but then he wraps his arms around me and pulls me in close. He’s right between my legs, and I shiver when I feel the cotton of his T-shirt against my inner thighs. I gasp as the implication of why I can feel him hits me.
“Oh my God,” I sputter as I pull back. “Holy shit!”
Cole quickly pulls back and looks up at me with concern.
When I went to dry the monitor, the thing I grabbed to do it was the hem of my white cotton dress—the hem of which had rested about an inch above my knee. I’m now sitting here with it bunched up around my thighs. I try not to look down, but can’t help it. As quick as I bring my eyes back to his, it’s too late. His gaze follows the path mine just did, and he lets out a choked noise when he realizes the state I’m in.
“Jesus, Devon,” he growls. “Fuck.”
Lifting his head, he meets my eyes. My breath stops, lodging somewhere in my chest when I see the look of hunger in his eyes. The breath rushes out of me in a whoosh when he leans back and runs his hands up the inside of my thighs.
“You’re so soft,” he murmurs. “So beautiful.”
I expel the breath I’ve been holding in a rush. Seemingly of their own volition, my legs spread wider, allowing him to come in closer.
Have you seen the HOT NEW Covers for this amazing Rock Star Series?
Renegade Saints Book One
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1nOPdIG
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/22kUqei
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1S4xjfE
Twist of Fate
Renegade Saints Book Two
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1Ughh5R
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/22kUqei
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1pLXWwT
Ella Fox writes like a woman possessed whenever she gets the chance! She is the author of The Hart Family Series, The Renegade Saints Series and The Catch Series.
When she’s not writing, Ella indulges the gypsy in her blood and travels the country. Ella loves reading, movies, music, buying make-up, reading Tmz, Twitter and pedicures… not necessarily in that order. She has a wild sense of humor and loves to laugh. Her favorite thing in the world is hanging out with her family and watching comedy movies.