Blake Caster has been in an emotionally abusive relationship with Justin for so long, she can’t tell what is normal anymore, and so she clings to the one thing that is solidly hers—her passion for extreme weather.
Three years into her Meteorology degree, Blake meets professional storm chaser, Dash Lexington, who is as gorgeous as he is daring. Instantly recognizing her passion and skills in analyzing weather data, he makes a spot for her on his tight-knit storm chasing team. Dash and Blake form a fast friendship and it forces her to realize just how toxic her relationship with Justin is. She can’t deny the lightning-worthy chemistry she has with Dash or how her heart stalls every time he gets too close to a tornado.
With each chase and the cherished moments with Dash, Blake discovers her own self-worth and gains the strength to end things with Justin for good. But he won’t go easily. As Blake tries to sever ties with one man, she fears she’ll lose the other to his dangerous obsession—and she doesn’t know if she’ll be enough to save him from the impending storm that could end them all.
****4.5 Must Read Stars****
From the moment I read the blurb for Edge of Chaos by Molly E. Lee, I knew I had to read this book. You see, I have a thing for extreme weather. Like a big thing. I don’t think I’ve ever read a book, let alone a romance novel, that explored extreme weather and meteorology, so with that fact along I was hooked into this book. I also have a thing for emotions that are sure to pull at all of mine, and I could tell just from the blurb that Edge of Chaos would do just that…and boy was I right. To say that I felt the emotions of this book is putting it mildly. I felt it all in Edge of Chaos.
This book had the best blend of adrenaline pumping moments, heart squeezing emotion, and more thoughtfully crafted and varied moments than you can shake a stick at.
Edge of Chaos was exciting, it was enthralling and wholly mesmerizing to experience, and from the second I started it I could not put it down to save my life. Along with that captivating experience it gave me, this book also gave me so many emotional moments that I felt every bit of. Every moment of pain and hurt, every moment of strength and fight, every moment of longing and hope, and every moment in between of these characters journeys was one that I lived, breathed, and felt every ounce of. I felt this book, I felt its characters, and I lived through every page of this engaging story with them.
Molly E. Lee completely blew me away with this story of love, self-discovery, excitement, and of course storm chasing that is sure to set your heart racing just a bit.
What I absolutely loved about Edge of Chaos:
- Blake’s journey and fight. Blake definitely has a bit of an emotional journey in Edge of Chaos. She’s got to discover who she is, what she really wants, and what she is and isn’t okay with. She needs to face some hard truths, and make some even harder choices, and getting to experience that journey with her through every page of this book connected me to her character in so many ways. That journey made this book for me, and it illuminated so much about Blake’s character. It showed the fire that that girl truly had, it exemplified the strength and tenacity that she had within her all along, and it showed that Blake was bound and determined to figure out exactly what she wanted, and exactly what she needed and was missing all along. Getting all of that with Blake had me loving her to pieces, and I truly could not get enough of her character. She was real, easy to understand and root for, and I found her to be such an authentic female character.
- Overcoming the toxicity of the past. Now a huge part of Blake’s story centers on the emotionally abusive relationship she has with her boyfriend Justin. As much as I hated that Blake had to go through what she did with Justin, I understood everything she thought and felt with him because of how fantastically Molly E. Lee connected me to her character. This author let me understand Blake, her shared past with Justin, and with the glimpses of both past and present I understood how things got to be in the present of this book. Much of Edge of Chaos shows the emotional journey and fight Blake goes on in order to end the toxicity that she has with Justin. Reading and experiencing her overcoming that painful past pulled at every single one of my emotions, and connected me even more to Blake because I saw how hard it all was for her, how much she fought, and how she gave it her all to try to be in the exact place she needed to be.
- I need a little Dash of that. Dash Lexington is what storm chasers are made of. He’s charming, smart, and a tad on the reckless side. That man stole my attention from the moment he entered the story, and I could not get enough of his goodness, his allure, and just everything that he was. What I loved about Dash is that he really felt like this force to be reckoned with, and he was definitely someone you noticed and felt through every moment, yet he was still genuine and good. I never doubted his intentions or his growing feelings for Blake, and the more I read Edge of Chaos, the more I fell under the storm and power that Dash was. I was smitten to say the least, and really I was completely in love with who he was, what he was all about, and all that he did for Blake in this book.
- Build, build, and more build. Now Dash and Blake definitely don’t have it easy in this book. They both have current relationships that aren’t going so hot, and they both have this undeniable connection for one another that they can’t deny. Their shared passion of storms and weather, along with that electric chemistry and heart melting ease they share when they’re together had me loving every interaction they shared. Each and every moment with them was different, was heated and enrapturing in its own way, and added to the immense build between those characters. Their relationship grows, evolves, and builds like crazy through every page of Edge of Chaos, and I was consumed by every bit of that. Blake and Dash’s connection, their feelings for one another, and how it all builds had me loving those two with all that I had.
- Twisters and Storm Chasers, Oh My, Oh My! I said it before and I’ll say it again, I love me some extreme weather and storm chasing, and that aspect was weaved so perfectly into this book. It made the book so exciting, so vivid and vibrant, and so easy to hook into. Like I said, I could not put Edge of Chaos down once I started it, and a huge part of that was because I was so enraptured by the science and the storms and the adrenaline pumping moments that Molly E. Lee so thoughtfully crafted in this book. I loved that the extreme weather aspect complimented these characters so well, and that aspect of the book showed so much about Dash, Blake, and all of the rest of the crew while simultaneously pulling me in even more to what I was reading. It felt so real to experience too, and that had me loving every single bit of weather and storm chasing I got in Edge of Chaos.
- Writing that had me loving it all! Molly E. Lee’s writing brought Blake’s character and this entire book to life, and I loved everything that that writing gave me. Her writing was so fluid, so easy to sink right into, and it created a world that was so believable, so authentic, and almost tangible at times. Her writing also crafted and created some serious emotion that had me feeling it all, and I for one could not get enough of what that let me experience while I was reading Edge of Chaos. I can’t wait to get my hands on more of this talented author’s writing, and I definitely have my fingers crossed for more of these fantastic characters soon.
Edge of Chaos is a book that seamlessly blends a story of love and a bit of heartbreak, hard choices and truths, and what can happen when you really discover what you want for yourself and what you truly deserve. It’s a story of extreme weather and how far your passions can take you, if you only allow yourself the chance to embrace them. It’s also about what can happen when you meet that one person who can change everything in more ways than one, and how that person just might be the exact thing you need.
This book was mesmerizing to say the least, and the story within its pages was one that I thoroughly enjoyed getting to experience. Experiencing that story and falling in love with the characters I got to meet along the way made this book an all-around outstanding read that gave me everything I was looking for. It had the romance and heat, the connection and feels, and it had the varied and phenomenal level of emotion I crave and need when I read. It also had the wonderfully distinctive moments and experiences that came with storm chasing and extreme weather, and that along with everything else in this book made is so fantastic to read.
I am telling you that you need to read this book and give it a chance to win you over with everything it has. Edge of Chaos has outstanding writing, a story that you won’t soon forget, and characters that will glue themselves to your heart in no time flat. You will love and feel and experience every word of this book, and that will have you loving every bit of what you get with Blake, Dash, and the rest of the gang in this fantastic book.
Kindle Fire (7″ Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB w/ Special Offers, Blk) & Signed paperback of Edge of Chaos
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Molly Lee is an author, editor, and mentor best known from Pitch Wars, a program that connects promising writers to established authors in the community. She writes NA contemporary and YA urban fantasy with strong heroines who are unafraid to challenge their male counterparts, yet still vulnerable enough to have love sneak up on them. Throw in high-octane action or any kind of supernatural element and she’ll be hooked. A military spouse with two children and one stubborn english bulldog, Molly enjoys watching storms from the back porch of her Midwest home and digging for treasures at local antique shops.
Connect with Molly
Newsletter Signup Link: http://eepurl.com/8uco5
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/MollyElizabethLeeAuthor/?fref=ts
Facebook Reader Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/434107490133398/
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14975678.Molly_E_Lee