EVERYTHING CHANGED IN AN INSTANT.
I thought I knew what was important, but one phone call sent my life into a tailspin.
Alone and afraid, I cling to the one man I shouldn’t.
I was warned about him and told to stay away. “He’s dangerous,” they said.
But the man who could hurt me the most, gave me the greatest comfort.
“He’s not who they think,” I told myself.
But just like an illusion, things are never what they seem.
****4.5 Beautifully Emotional Stars****
From the moment I saw the cover for Enshrine, I wanted to read this book. (I mean hello, have you seen that cover?!) The second I finished reading the blurb for Enshrine, I knew I needed to read this book because you don’t read a blurb like this book has without needing to read the book its talking about. The more and more I saw Chelle Bliss post about Enshrine, the more ready I was to read Enshrine.
When I finally got into the pages of this book, I fell heart first in love with all that I was reading. Enshrine was full of meaning, emotion and feeling, and a fierce connection of two people that had me reading this book like my life depended on it. This book held a story and a set of characters that had my heart feeling it all, and what I got from them within the pages of this book was fantastic.
I have read many books by Chelle Bliss, and loved them all, and while Enshrine is definitely different than her other books, rest assured that it is an all-around outstanding read that you will love just as much as her other books, if not more. She creates two characters who you immediately feel for and love, she gives you a story you don’t stop feeling and experiencing, and she wraps you up in all that Enshrine has to offer from beginning to end.
What I absolutely loved about Enshrine:
- Callie’s fight. Callie is a fighter and she has one helluva journey and fight ahead of her in Enshrine. Now while I won’t tell you what that is and what she’s facing, what I will say is that you will be in awe of the fight that she has. Sure she has her moments, and understandably so, and there are many times along the way that Callie wants to crumble and give in and quit, but she pushes through, she fights, and she seeks that spark to keep going. She’s facing something no one should, and she does that with an authenticity that had me loving her to pieces, and had me wanting to fight right along with her. Chelle Bliss created her character in such a way that made her so real, so easy to love and care for, and an all-around outstanding female character that will touch your heart again and again.
- Bruno sheer determination. Bruno just about melted my heart throughout every page of this book. That man is dreamy to say the least, and he never failed to say or do something that was guaranteed to make my heart squeeze in the best possible way. I loved that no matter what, Bruno was there for Callie. He never stopped fighting for her, he never stopped being there, and even in those moments when she pushed him away with all her might, he was still there, being his determined and caring self. Suffice to say, I loved me some Bruno, and the lengths his character is willing to go to for Callie had me knowing again and again that he was there for Callie. Even though you might know very little about him through this book because of the mysteries that surround him, I knew that man had a heart of gold, and that just made me love him more.
- A fierce connection. Let me tell you that Bruno and Callie share one out of this world connection that you feel so truly and deeply. You feel it in every interaction they share with one another, and their chemistry and pull towards one another will pull you in all the more when you are reading Enshrine. I loved how their relationship had such a build to it too. Chelle Bliss really allowed their connection and feelings to build and grow into something beautiful in this book, and you really feel in it all as you read. You were right there with them through every high and low, every misstep and triumph, and through everything they were sharing with one another. I felt so invested in Callie and Bruno’s relationship throughout this entire book, and that just made what they were sharing and what I was reading that more enjoyable.
- Just a bit of mystery. Throughout Enshrine there is a bit of mystery surrounding Bruno’s character. That mystery and intrigue and those questions surrounding his character pull you in even more to what you’re reading. It also connects you more to Callie because she has the same exact questions you do. Chelle Bliss weaved in that mystery surrounding his character into the story so seamlessly, and it added an aspect to the book and the events of the story that made the book even more captivating. It made me want to figure it all out even more because I had to know more about Bruno and what he was really about, and I loved getting to feel and experience that all throughout this book.
- Oh the meaning and feels. Chelle Bliss really created a story you could feel in Enshrine. This book will have you feeling so much with Bruno and Callie. You’ll hurt with them, you’ll fight with them, and you’ll feel it all with them. Really experiencing the feels and emotions that Callie and Bruno were feeling, as well as with what they were sharing really allowed me to understand and love their story more. This story is very emotional and you get every bit of that emotion through every page of this book. There were many parts of this book where my heart hurt like crazy for those two, especially Callie and what she was going through, but that just showed me how in this story I truly was. Going along with Callie and Bruno through their emotional journey and fight was intense at times and it wasn’t always easy, but it was so beyond worth it to felt what I did with their characters. I felt it all, and that really made me love it all even more.
- Supporting characters are the best! Another aspect that made Enshrine such a fantastic book to read were the supporting characters. Becca and Lee especially made this book all the more enjoyable. Their interactions with the characters reveal a lot about themselves and about Callie and Bruno, and I loved what that added to the story as a whole. All the supporting characters of this book were distinctive and had personalities that never failed to make me smile, and I’ve totally got my fingers crossed we get more of them soon!
Enshrine was a book that truly gave me so much. It gave me a story of what happens when a battle comes your way that you were never prepared for, and the fight you must physically and emotionally go on to make it through. It gave me a story of meaning and feeling, and the journey you go on when your entire life is turned upside down and must realize what you truly want and what you’re willing to fight for. Enshrine also gave me a love story that was full of connection and deeply felt feeling that I never stopped experiencing all the way through.
This book gives you a meaningful and consuming story that weaves together the best level of mystery, intense feeling and connection, and two characters that your heart will be invested in right from the start.
Chelle Bliss’s writing brought the world of Enshrine to life, and she allowed me to go on a serious emotional journey with these characters. She let me get them, fall in love with them, and in the end she gave me their authentic and all-feeling story that had me loving what I was reading. She let me be there in the tough moments, in the highs and lows, and in the moments that showed who these characters really were and what they truly needed and wanted. She truly gives you the best amount of everything in this book, and in the end that will leave you beyond satisfied with what you’re reading.
Enshrine is an enthralling read full of everything that makes a book fantastic to read. Callie and Bruno’s story will take your heart and squeeze it again and again in Enshrine, so do yourself a favor and get to reading it because it is so very good! It’s a beautifully emotional story of love and the power and healing it can have that will completely steal your heart. Trust me. You want and need to read this book and experience everything it has to offer!
ENSHRINE GIVEAWAY – OPEN INTERNATIONALLY
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
USA Today Bestselling author, Chelle Bliss, currently lives in a small town near the Gulf of Mexico in Florida. She’s a full-time writer, time-waster extraordinaire, social media addict, and coffee fiend. She’s written over ten books and has two series available. She loves spending her free time with her boyfriend, 2 cats, and her hamster.
Before becoming a writer, Chelle taught high school history for over ten years. She holds a master’s degree in Instructional Technology and a bachelor’s in history. Although history is her first love, writing has become her dream job and she can’t imagine doing anything else.
ALSO BY CHELLE BLISS