Book: Life Support
(The Breathe Series-Book 2)
Author: Zoe Norman
Genre: Contemporary Romance
*****5 Unforgettable Stars*****
Life Support by Zoe Norman is an utterly fantastic conclusion to the story and characters they created in Rescue Breathing. This book picks right where the last book left off, and in about 2.5 seconds you will be fully engrossed again in Owen and Olivia’s story. This book will capture you in, and it won’t let you go until well after you’ve finished the last word.
Life Support is a new chapter in Owen and Olivia’s relationship, and it follows the many ups and downs they face as they once again try to figure out all that is between them.
I cannot rave enough about this book. It had so many outstanding aspects to it, and I couldn’t get enough of the characters, their story, and all the amazingness that was this book. Life Support had it all and more to make it a beyond outstanding reading experience.
What I adored about Life Support:
- How hard and passionately Owen feels. Owen and his highly charming self just about melted my heart on every page. Literally. He feels with everything he’s got, and he owns every single thing he feels. I loved that about him. The fierceness and the level with which he feels towards Olivia is exceptional, and it just made me love him to death. These authors do an outstanding job of capturing those feelings and weaving them so thoughtfully throughout the entire book so that you can’t help but love this hot as all get out fireman who feels so deeply from the heart.
- The very real Olivia. I absolutely adored how real and authentic Olivia’s character was. I could imagine her so easily, and the thoughts, doubts, questions, and emotions she had surrounding her relationship with Owen felt so real that I felt like I was actually experiencing them. Feeling and experiencing those things through Olivia’s eyes made me love and care for her character so fiercely from the beginning. Olivia is a real female character with flaws and quirks and so many things that just make her fantastic. She just blew my mind with how fabulous her character was, and I enjoyed every single second I got to spend in her spunky and very memorable head.
- The heart stopping moments. This book is chalk full of moments that made my heart skip a beat. Some of those moments were from pure pain and emotion, while others were from sheer joy and happiness. And some of those heart stopping moments were from the electric heat between Olivia and Owen that fires off the page. Those moments made this book unstoppable. I even found myself thinking back to these moments’ days after finishing, and they still made my heart stop, while flooding me with the same level of emotion I felt when reading the 1st time. To feel that much days later is so freaking powerful, and made this book unforgettable for me. (I may or may not have started tearing up on the 95 north thinking about moments in this book…)
- The level of emotion. The level of emotion and feeling in the book is outstanding. You get both characters perspectives, and you feel the huge level of ranging emotion they both have. It makes you feel every single little thing that happens so deeply. That level of emotion is well thought out, and extremely well developed and conveyed through this story. These writers did a magnificent job of making you feel it all, and you will love that.
- The fire between Olivia and Owen. The chemistry and connection between these two is off the charts. I certainly felt that when reading Rescue Breathing, but it’s amped up a notch in this book. The heat, spark, and connection between Owen and Olivia fires off the page and you will feel that on every page. That makes it truly easy to get and love these two because you feel everything that’s going on between them.
- The charm. The charm that weaves its way through this book is fantastic. You feel it in the banter and connection between Owen and Olivia. You feel it with the supporting characters that make this book shine. You feel it with every fiber of your body while reading every page. This book is bursting with charm, and that will make you feel oh so happy with a genuine smirk on your face throughout your entire reading experience.
- The balance. There is a phenomenal balance between the many different kinds of moments in this book. The moments of pain, vulnerability and emotion will make your heart stop and have you instantly feeling and caring for the characters. The moments of heat and fire just exemplify what it is these two are fighting for. The moments of humor and fun just bring a real smile to your face, and the moments of love and happiness will fill you with so much bliss that you won’t know what to do with all the glow you’re feeling. These authors balanced all of that phenomenally, and that level of balance sets this book apart because it gives you everything you could want and need, from this one exceptional book.
- The ups and downs. I like that this book put Owen and Olivia and their relationship through some things. They have to work for that happy they both want together. It also puts them in some pretty interesting situations that are highly engaging to read. I loved and lived for those ups and downs because it made me want to fight like hell for these two, while they faced the understandable and highly believable ups and downs that came there way.
- The past. The past that these characters have individually rear their not so pretty heads in this book. The fears, doubts, and questions that come with those pasts are definitely something that is remarkable to read, but it explains so much about both Owen and Olivia. It was wonderful to read how that past incorporates into the present story, and reading how these characters face that past, made me love them even more.
- The underlying theme of second chances. This book isn’t a second chance romance, but let’s just say Olivia and Owen get some additional chances. They both have their flaws, their pasts, and they both make some not so fantastic choices, but what they do when given a new opportunity or chance took my breath away in the best possible way. Those chances exemplify what makes these characters so wonderful to read, and why this entire book was out of this world.
Life Support has every single aspect that makes a book a 5 star read. The characters are so real you feel like you know them, and you will be fighting for them something fierce. The story will satisfy you in so many ways, and all of the intricate and well thought out pieces will come together in such an unforgettable way that will captivate you fully.
I HIGHLY recommend this book and its predecessor Rescue Breathing, because Owen and Olivia’s story has cemented itself as one of my all-time favorites. These books just burst with their amazingness. These two will engage you with their fiery magic from the moment you meet them, and you will be very sad to let them go, but that in no way lessens the fact that they will blow you away with everything they’ve got.
The story and characters that Zoe Norman so wonderfully crafted may come to an end, but something tells me the reading magic they created in these books will stay with me long after reading the end, and that is something I will always love and remember.
ps. I tried REALLY hard to make this review spoiler free, which was so freaking hard with this one! This is why I mention very little about actual plot points because I couldn’t let anything slip. Like at all. After you read this book I think you’ll get how hard that was, so I totally deserve a really hot fireman for doing that, right?!….. 😉
Just a little more tease…
Facebook Twitter Goodreads Author
More from Zoe Norman…
Rescue Breathing (The Breathe Series-Book 1)
Be sure to grab Rescue Breathing while it’s on sale for just 99 pennies! This is a must read!!
Check out my review of the book here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1064151274?book_show_action=false
Click the link below to enter the giveaway!