Well it is officially summer!
Okay, well technically it’s only Memorial Day, but you catch my drift. This is the day that along with being a day of remembrance, signifies the beginning of summer.
I for one could not be more ready for summer, especially after this horrid winter. I love me some summer something fierce, which may or may not have something to do with the fact that I get 8 weeks off from the tiny humans.
That’s neither here nor there, but suffice to say, summer is one of my favorite times of year.
It’s when the cookouts start, it’s when you spend your nights seeing more lighting bugs than you can count, and it’s when the pool or beach becomes your home away from home.
It’s also when I get to read until my heart’s content.
In the summer, much of my day or night is spent between the pages of a good book, and that makes me happier than a clam, since we all know I am a book addict.
Now you all know that I hoard paperbacks along with a crazy amount of Kindle books. That’s kind of my shtick. It’s also the whole reason behind this blog’s name, because my book basket is truly never ending.
Well this summer I’ve decided to make a dent in that basket. I’m really going to do it! Or, I’m going to give it the good ole college try, because that basket is insane right now.
Now while I obviously have a plethora of unread paperbacks in my never ending book basket, what you might not know unless you’ve perused the book basket page of this blog, is that I have a ton of unread series.
I own every single book in those 19 different series, some in e-book, but most in paperback. I’ve seriously been dying to read them all because I seriously love me a good series. Always have, always will.
There’s just something about a good series that I just love. Whether the series is 3 books long or 8, whether it focuses on one character’s story or more than one, I adore me a series to pieces.
The series are a random mix of books across a few genres from both traditionally and independently published authors. Most are a wide array of romance, but there’s some young adult thrown in there for funsies too. I’m ashamed to admit that a lot of those books have been calling my book basket home for years, and that many of them are well loved favorites that came out years ago.
I’m so epically behind.
So this summer I am making it my goal to read through some of these series. I am hoping to get through at least a third of them. (Big dreams I know.) What can I say, I’m an optimist!
I’m even being kitschy about it, and giving this endeavor a name: Summer of Series
Along with some cover reveals, release posts, and some other reviews that I can’t wait to share with y’all, this summer will be entirely focused on my Summer of Series endeavor. Each series will have its own post filled with my reviews, teasers, and some of my favorite quotes from the books. To go along with these posts I’m also going to be giving away some books from some of my favorite series ever, so be sure to stay tuned for that too!
Basically, I am devoting this summer to FINALLY reading these book series that have been shouting at me for years! I hope y’all are just as ready for this as I am because I know these series are going to be nothing short of fantastic.
If you can’t tell, I am so effing excited for this summer, and these Summer of Series blog posts!
Expect tons of reviews, some giveaways, and plenty of fun and craziness on here this summer with this series of blog posts.
I have a feeling it’s going to be one helluva summer, so let’s get it started people.
Bring on the series!
p.s. If you have a series from the picture that you would recommend me starting with, please feel free to comment with your recommendation!
Listed below are the series pictured that will be part of Summer of Series. Click the series title to head to Amazon for that series, and click the author’s name to head to their website.
- The Sea Breeze Series by Abbi Glines
- The One Night Series by Jodi Ellen Malpas *Read My Review*
- The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
- The Night Owl Series by M. Pierce
- The Losing It Series by Cora Carmack (I read and LOVED this series. I didn’t do a blog post for it, but if you check out my Goodreads, you can find my reviews there.)
- The Rusk University Series by Cora Carmack
- The Stage Dive Series by Kylie Scott *Read My Review*
- The Blackistone Affair Series by Raine Miller *Read My Review*
- The Beautiful Bastard Series by Christina Lauren *Read My Review*
- The Wild Seasons Series by Christina Lauren
- The Beautiful Series by Jamie McGuire (This also includes The Maddox Brothers Series books too)
- The Rose of Thorne Series by Mia Michelle
- The Tradd Street Series by Karen White
- The Ten Tiny Breaths Series by K.A. Tucker
- The Wait for You Series by Jennifer Armentrout (I read and LOVED this series. I didn’t do a blog post for it, but if you check out my Goodreads, you can find my reviews there.)
- The Out of Line Series by Jen McLaughlin
- The Beautiful Mess Series by T.K. Leigh
- The On Dublin Street Series by Samantha Young
- The Modern Love Story Series by Daisy Prescott
And the one series that wasn’t even in my Summer of Series originally…