“Witty, sexy as all hell, and addictive like no other, Staci Hart BRINGS IT with Bad Penny.”
-T.M. Frazier, USA Today Bestselling Author
Bad Penny, an all-new romantic comedy standalone from Staci Hart is now LIVE!
Nothing good comes after the third date.
See, date three is the crucial point when things get real, which is exactly why I bounce out the door, twiddling my fingers at whatever poor boy I’ve left behind. Because if I stick around, one of three things will happen: he’ll profess his undying love, he gets weird and stalky, or I’ll go crazy. Like, Sid and Nancy crazy. Like, chase-him-through-the-streets-begging-him-to-love-me crazy.
Seriously, it’s better for everyone this way.
So when I meet Bodie, I figure it’ll be the same as it ever was. It doesn’t matter that he doesn’t put a single string on me. Doesn’t matter that he’s funny and smart and jacked and can play my body like a grand piano. Because even though I’m built for love, love has only carved me up like a Christmas ham.
Resistance is something I can only hang on to for so long, and he has persistence in spades. But my heart isn’t as safe as I want to believe, and neither is his. And the second I ignore my cardinal rule is the second I stand to lose him forever.
Now 99¢ and FREE in Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2s0oLBD
Amazon UK: https://goo.gl/Qs2lvo
*****5 Penny and Bodie are AMAZING Stars*****
From the very first page of Bad Penny, I found myself laughing my ass off to the point of tears, loving these characters and the life and vibrancy that burst out of them, and enjoying what this story was so authentically giving me. Those feelings continued through every part of this book as Staci Hart wove together a consuming story of what happens when you meet that one person who starts to change everything you thought you knew. This book gave me Penny and Bodie in all their glory, and as I sit here writing this review, I am still flooded with how much I love those two and how incredible their characters are.
Bad Penny is a book that makes you laugh. So. Damn. Hard. It is a book bursting with vibrant personality, more personality, and then some more unforgettable personality. This story is one that will wow you with the life and color of its characters, and the fiery and intense connection they share. Bad Penny will equally make you laugh, make you feel, and give you two characters you can’t help but love and root for.
This book is the definition of a good book. It was enjoyable in the most phenomenal way to read, and I found myself smiling and feeling and just loving every fantastic word as I experienced what this story had to give me. It let me meet and fall in love with two dynamic characters who were real, shared something very real, and who owned who they were through every page. Bad Penny was a phenomenally written story that meshed together comedy, romance, and authenticity in such a way that made for one helluva read.
Bottom line, if you are looking for a story that will make you laugh until you cry, feel with all you have, and that will have you shouting your love for the characters it so authentically gives you, then run yourself to this book this second.
What I loved about Bad Penny:
- Find a Penny, pick it up. All day long, you’ll have good luck. Penny, Penny, Penny…. What do I even say about the exceptional Penny? I guess I could start with how I love that girl with my entire heart. She is real, she is funny as hell, she is vibrant and fun and lively, and she knows exactly the kind of girl she is, and she doesn’t apologize for it. Penny is a gem of a character, and is one of the most unique, lovable, and unforgettable characters I have ever read. She is a girl who’s life and love is bursting with authenticity, a bit of chaos and messiness, and so much fire that just makes her her. I loved her character with all I had, and I loved being with her as she stayed true to herself through it all even as she started to evolve and change. Penny is a character I promise you won’t soon forget, and when she isn’t making you laugh like crazy, you will be loving and respecting the hell out of her because she is everything. And then some.
- Well hello there Bodie. Now let me tell you about Bodie. That man is good. Inherently good. He is a man with a heart of gold, a little bit of a nerdy side, and he is a man that wants Penny with all he has. What I loved about Bodie was that he knew right from the start that Penny wasn’t after anything serious, yet he set out to prove her wrong and show her that he could be the guy that changed her mind. I LOVED his determination and tenacity, and at the same time I loved how with that strength we also got to see a more vulnerable side to his character as his feelings for Penny deepened. Bodie is character that will make you blush, that will send your heart right to his and all that he feels in this story, and he’s a character that you will root for from start to finish. I loved Bodie, I understood Bodie, and I got why things went the way they did on his fight to be with Penny, and I loved how Staci Hart connected me to him every step of the way. All of that combined with his personality and charm had me beyond smitten with that man.
- The most intense connection. When I tell you that Penny and Bodie have some serious fire going on between them, I mean that with every bone in my body. Their connection is intense, full of passion and their unique vibrancy, and it lights every ounce of what those two share on fire in a way that will make you blush, have you looking for a fan, and needing more of it all. Bodie and Penny share a pull towards one another that they can’t fight, no matter how hard Penny might try to put the kibosh on it when things start to get a bit too real. The intense connection these two share heightens everything you’re reading in this book, and will have you feeling it all with them as it unfolds. That connection and vibrant, visceral, and heat filled fire will pull you through it all with them, and you will love it. (You will also never look at ice cream and peanut butter and jelly the same way again. Trust me on that one.) Getting what I did with them in this book made me love them more, showed me more of what could be between them, and showed me exactly why these two had to figure out a way to make it all work.
- We’re owning it. One of the absolute best things about Bodie and Penny, and many of the supporting characters of this book was how much they owned who they were. They owned their choices, they owned their words, and they owned their feelings, even if it was only to themselves, and even if they tried to deny it at first, they owned it. It was how these two owned it, how they brought that fire and strength into every moment in some way, and how they used that to carry them through this book and what it threw their way that had me loving the two of them even more. I LOVED how Penny and Bodie weren’t afraid to own who they were, what they wanted, and what they were going to fight for. And even though what they might’ve originally wanted evolved and changed over the course of the book, those two never stopped owning it and giving it all they had, and that was everything to get in this book.
- Pushing onto something new. Over the course of this book, Bodie and Penny soon start to realize that what they share might be more than they bargained for. Through the events and story of Bad Penny you get to be with them as they start to feel more, as they start to realize they might be in a bit over their heads, and as they try to figure out where to go from there. I loved how this book pushed both Bodie and Penny to realize what they wanted, what they were willing to fight for, and just how hard they were willing to push to end up where they wanted to be. It wasn’t always easy for them, and it pushed them both, especially Penny, outside their comfort zones, but it made them both real, and easy to understand and empathize with with what they were going through and feeling. Getting to be with them as they faced some hard truths, and started to pick themselves and their hearts back up again was amazing in every way, and had me rooting even more for the two of them that it would all work out.
- The best world of characters. One of the absolute best parts of Bad Penny was getting to be with these characters that I fell so totally in love with. They all had unique personalities, their own vibrancy that I loved, and they each added a piece to the amazing and unforgettable puzzle that was Bad Penny. Now as I sit here all I want to do is read more of them, and you can bet for damn sure I plan on doing just that since some of them have their own books. What I loved about these characters was that they added so much to this story, and they all pushed Bodie and Penny in the ways that they both needed to be pushed. They were are real, easy to love, and had me laughing and loving what I got with them in this story, and that just made reading this book even more enjoyable.
Bad Penny is a book that made me laugh, made me feel, and made me believe in the connection and feeling that Bodie and Penny shared. Their story in this book gave me life, made me think, and had me rooting like crazy for those two that they would figure it all out. While it had so many moments that were bursting with humor and heat, it also had so many moments that were very real and that gave me so much with these characters, and this is something I will not soon forget.
If you are looking for a story with dynamic characters that share a connection that is so intense and fiery and passionate that you won’t know which way is up because you’re so consumed in it, then run yourself to this book. Don’t walk. Do not pass go. Do not collect your 200 dollars. Just read this book. It was so good. So. Damn. Good. I can’t say it enough.
Staci Hart and her exceptional writing once again blew me away with what she wove together so fantastically in this story, and I can’t say enough how much you NEED this book in your life! Trust me. This book will consume you, and its characters and their vibrancy will have you loving and feeling it all in a way that you will love.
When I finished this book my cheeks were hurting from laughing and smiling so much, my heart was so full with what I got with these characters, and I was just in love with the love and feelings and vibrancy that this story gave me. It was real, it was honest, it was bursting with personality, and it was Bodie and Penny…and it truly doesn’t get better than that.
About the Author
Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life — a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can’t forget that. She’s also been a mom, with three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She’s been a wife, though she’s certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She’s also super, duper fun at a party, especially if she’s been drinking whiskey.
From roots in Houston to a seven year stint in Southern California, Staci and her family ended up settling somewhere in between and equally north, in Denver. They are new enough that snow is still magical. When she’s not writing, she’s reading, sleeping, gaming, or designing graphics.
Connect with Staci:
Join Her Reader Group Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/stacihart/