Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Day: October 29
Conflagration is the second in an Explosive spin-off series called The Wellingtons.
Can be read as a standalone
Branson Wellington? The name, my name, is usually followed by arrogant prick or self-serving bastard, and I can’t say I haven’t earned those titles. It’s true. I’m not the good guy. I’m not the boy next door. I’m definitely not your Prince fucking Charming. Not even close.
And I never wanted to be. Until her. The day I pulled her from the wreckage was the day that my life changed.
Who would have thought that one little lie had the power to throw two lives off course?
Love has never been in the cards for me, but now that she’s here, I have no idea how I’m ever going to let her go. Even if I don’t deserve her.
Because like I said, I’m a self-serving bastard and some things never change.
Check out the Conflagration Pinterest Board
Just a little tease….
*****5 Fantastic Stars*****
The first time I met Branson Wellington in Incinerate, I wanted to punch him in the face. Hard.
When I met him again in Inflame, I still kind of wanted to punch him in the face, but I knew then that he was growing on me little by little. After reading Combust, I knew that I had to know more about him as soon as humanly possible, because more and more he was winning me and my heart over.
And those weren’t even the books about him.
By the end of Conflagration I still kind of wanted to punch him in the face, but then I wanted to hug his stubborn butt so hard. He won me over. He sold me on him.
Bottom line: I love me some Branson Wellington something fierce, and Conflagration just reiterated that fact immensely.
Conflagration is Branson’s story. It’s his chance at redemption. It’s his chance at having it all. His story is not an easy one. He has gone to hell and back, and he’s got a not so stellar past hovering closely behind him, but I guarantee that everything you think you know about him is wrong.
Branson Wellington will prove you wrong in this book. And Ari, the main girl of the hour? Be prepared to love her so hard you won’t be jealous one bit about the fact that she’s the one Branson Wellington chooses to finally risk it all for.
What was out of this world about Conflagration:
- Determined as all get out Ari. I could not get enough of Ari. She is fierce. She is headstrong. She is determined through it all. There is not better lady for Branson than her. (And that is so true, no matter how much I want him for myself!) All the determination and fierceness Ari has defines her, and is simply the best. What she brings out in Branson, and herself in this book is magnificent. She is a fighter, and she is bound and determined to fight for Branson Wellington and all that she so truly deserves, and boy does she deliver one helluva fight.
- The ever changing Branson Wellington. Branson goes through many changes in this book. Conflagration encapsulates all that is Branson Wellington, and it exemplifies all that is good about him. It also exemplifies how much of a major asshole he was before, and how given the right circumstances that assholeness might reappear. Branson is so many things, but his flaws make him who he is. He is stubborn, and major a butthead from time to time, but through it all he feels with everything he’s got. And rest assured that even through all those changes, he is still him through and through, and that is just the mother effing best.
- The fire between Ari & Branson. These two really know how to start a major freaking fire. The passion, banter, chemistry between them is off the freaking charts. It sears off the page, and it continues to reinforce the deep felt connection between them. That fire that passion, and that connection makes their relationship spark off the page. It’s also so flipping fantastic, and Branson will have you swooning in no time. (That man knows how to seriously woo a woman.)
- The lies. Ari and Branson come together because of a lie. (And a couple of other things that I won’t tell you, because you’ve got to read the book to find out.) Many more lies follow them as their story continues. These lies set these characters on a pretty interesting and event filled path, and while those lies are rooted in some not so great things, they have the power of change behind them.
- There comes a time for change. Both Ari and Branson change and grow in Conflagration in a lot of ways. Some I expected, and some blew me away with how unexpected they were. Change is necessary for both of them, and it’s vital to their story together. How those changes so thoughtfully come to the page will make you really get how far these two have come from where they started to get the exact place they need and so totally deserve to be.
- The Wellington’s. I would pay good money to spend just one day with the Wellington’s. They are a family that just warms my heart, and they are guaranteed to bring a smile or smirk to my face. They’ve got their issues, and the past contains some pretty messed up things for their family, but a family they are. They bring such a joy to the story, and when they’re all together, you will relish in them. They are going to envelop you in with welcoming arms, and you won’t ever want them to let you go.
- The ever explosive build. This book will build for you. Ari and Branson will build for you. You will read it, and you will feel that build in your bones. Your anticipation will be on high because you know explosive things are coming. I can’t even fully begin to describe how electric and exciting it is to have that feeling. And let’s just say when that build of explosiveness finally comes to fruition, you’ll know that conflagration was the PERFECT title for this book.
- Redemption. This book tells a wonderful love story, but Tessa Teevan does an extremely phenomenal job of weaving the theme of redemption ever so thoughtfully into that love story. If you’ve read any of her other books, you’ve met Branson, and you come in thinking certain things about him. Most of things are probably not so great, and honestly even though I love him something fierce, he deserves most of those negative thoughts. But this book will redeem him for you in more ways than one. I won’t tell you how, or why, or even how long it takes to get there in this book because his redemption has really been building since Incinerate, but let’s just say that theme of redemption is breathtakingly beautiful.
- The page turning madness. I devoured this book in one sitting, and I guarantee you’ll want to do the same. The pacing of this book is magnificent, and it sparks right from the very first page. You’ll start reading, and you won’t stop until it’s finished. This book is pedal to the metal from the very beginning, but I expected nothing less from these two.
- All the love. All the damn love. This book is bounding with love. It has it in spades. And lucky you, you get all kinds of love in Conflagration. You get the love between a man and a woman. The love between parents and children. The love that defines family. The love between brother to brother, and sister to sister. This book has all the love, and you will feel all that love deep in your heart. That love is irresistible, and it has all the feels, and it is simply the best.
Tessa Teevan’s continues to blow me away more and more with each new release. Conflagration exemplifies all you can expect from her books: they are brimming with love, bursting with heat, and filled to the brim with uniquely phenomenal characters and stories that will instantly win you over immensely.
Conflagration was the book I was waiting. This book is Branson Wellington’s time to shine, and boy does he shine brightly. His story along with Ari’s is one I instantly connected with, and instantly fought like hell for. I cannot rave enough about this book, these two dynamic characters, and their page turning and emotion and heat filled story.
I don’t have the right amount of words for what Ari and Branson have and how beautiful and powerful that is, but I will say that what they have together is built on many things, but at its core it’s built on the idea that love has the power to change you if you let it.
As Ari so brilliantly put it “If you don’t want anyone else to give up on you, you can’t give up on yourself.”
Conflagration is about one Branson Wellington not giving up. It’s also about one Ariana Covington believing those same words, and practicing what she preaches.
Give this wonderfully flawed man and his fierce lady a chance, and you’ll be oh so happy you did. Their love will revive your faith in the power of love. Their story together is the one you’ve been waiting for, so do yourself a favor and don’t wait to read it.
As the blackness starts to fade away, I see that white light, but it doesn’t really look like that tunnel. No, it’s just a scene change, and if I could muster up enough strength, I’d groan because there are things in my life I’d rather not relive. It’s bad enough that I have the memories and have been dealing with the fallout for far too long. Reliving it all over again is more agonizing than the first time around, because now, I know the truth. I betrayed my brother in the worst possible way when he’d done nothing wrong, but by the time I found out, it was far too late.
So why am I having these flashbacks playing in slow motion? I thought when you were on death’s door, your life was supposed to flash before your eyes. So why am I replaying every single mistake I’ve ever made as if it were the first time—in slow motion instead of quick bursts? Maybe my life did flash before my eyes and it happened so fast that I missed it. Maybe I’m dead after all and this? This is my hell.
Additional Books by Tessa Teevan
Ignite (Explosive #1) – Amazon
Sweet Southern series
Sweet Southern Sorrow (Sweet Southern #1) – Amazon
I’m a twenty something book junkie who is also obsessed with sports. Bengals, Buckeyes, Reds are my teams! I work for the government during the day, hang out with Air National Guard on the weekends, and have been married to my own book boyfriend for over seven years. We currently live right outside of Dayton, OH with our two cats.
If I’m not writing or looking through tons of photos of hot men, all in the name of research, then you can probably find me curled up with my Kindle, ignoring the rest of the world. I love my sports almost as much as I love my books. My other obsessions include red wine, hot men, country music, and all things Grace Potter.
Connect with the Author
Click the link below to enter the giveaway!!