Series: Starving for Southern Series #1
Release Date: September 28, 2017
and I’ve spent years as a food critic, blogger, and chef, tasting my way across
the South to develop recipes that are a twist on the classics and uniquely my
own. When a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity comes calling, I’m shocked to
discover I’ve been paired with him, the worst blind date ever—bless
his heart, and I’m determined not to let anyone get in my way. So, I buckle my
designer heels, tighten my apron, and vow to myself there’s nothing in his
playbook that’s going to stop me from tasting success.
souls and elitist attitudes. So, when she shows up in the tasting
room of my winery in northern Georgia, the devil in disguise wearing a pair of
long legs and beautiful hazel eyes, I know just the plan to make and how to use
her to get what I want. What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her, because in the
end, I will win. I always do.
*****5 Unforgettably Magical Stars*****
Do you know that incredible feeling you get when start a new book and immediately know it’s going to be amazing? You know that magical feeling that takes ahold of you and your heart from the very first word and just lets you feel it all in the best and most memorable way? It’s that feeling that owns you, that makes you heart skip a beat or two, and that makes you know without a doubt that every word, every paragraph, and every moment of that book will give you it all and then some.
It’s that feeling that consumes you, enraptures you, and wows you within everything the author so phenomenally crafts and creates.
That is the feeling I live for when I start a new book. It is because of that feeling that I am a reader and a lover of the written word. And it was that unforgettable feeling that I felt through every word of The Sweetness of Life by Kathryn Andrews.
Now it is no secret that Kathryn Andrews is one of my all-time favorite authors. The way that she so perfectly weaves together stories with heart, feels, and such dynamic characters together is why her books have become some of my very favorites, and it is definitely why The Sweetness of Life will be added to that favorites list.
This book completely wowed me from start to finish. It made me laugh out loud, it made me feel, and it made me love these characters with all I had as they went from enemies to something more than either of them bargained for. Told through Kathryn Andrew’s exceptional writing, this story magically weaves together a beautiful story of food, wine, enemies, lovers, and the perfect pairing between all of that and more.
From the very first word until the very last, through every turn of the page, and through every moment I so vividly experienced in this book, I swooned, I melted, I craved some of the delicious food and wine being served up, I felt everything and I loved every bit of what Shelby and Zach shared together.
What I absolutely loved about The Sweetness of Life:
- From blind date, to hate, to something pretty darn great. The Sweetness of Life is an enemies to lovers romance that follows Zach and Shelby as they go from the worst blind date ever, to being thrust upon each other for work, to feeling much more for each other than they ever expected. This story allows you to see how these two have come to have such strong feelings of disdain for one another, and shows you the unforgettable moments that ensue when they must work together for a combined project. They want nothing to do with each other, but they both need this job to work for different reasons, so they each come up with a plan to make it work. The deeper they get into the project and the more time they spend together, the more they start to feel a fire and connection that no amount of wine or water could quench. Soon these two find themselves feeling a whole heck of a lot that they were not prepared for and that suddenly turns their worlds, their dreams, and their feelings upside down. Through every word and every moment with Zach and Shelby those two will keep you and your heart on its toes, and will have you loving every single moment you get with them.
- Strong characters with so much heart. What I loved about Zach and Shelby was that they were both strong characters. They both had strong personalities, strong minds and hearts, and they weren’t afraid to say exactly what they felt and to push each other’s buttons. That led to the best amount of banter and push and pull and a build of tension that was gloriously intense. Zach and Shelby are headstrong and proud of it, and I LOVED getting to be right in the middle of the two of them. I had so much respect and love for both of them, and what I loved especially was how Kathryn Andrews so seamlessly balanced showing their strength along with their vulnerability. She let you see their highs and lows and everything in between, you got them at their best and in moments they felt beyond exposes, and through it all she let you see their genuinely good hearts that made them who they were. It was that balance that made me love these characters with all that I had.
- The fight for the pie in the sky. One of my favorite aspects of this book was getting to experience the drive and fight Zach and Shelby had for their pie in the sky ideas. Those two wanted the best. They wanted their dreams to come true, and their passionate little hearts would do whatever it took to get there. I loved the tenacity they both had for their big ideas and dreams, and it was that passion and fight that added another dynamic layer to this story and their characters. While these two may have not wanted to work together at the start, the more you get with them both as they race towards those dreams of theirs will have you loving them more, and loving how those dreams of theirs interact and start to weave together. Getting to experience two real, authentic, and enjoyable characters with some serious heart and drive was the absolute best. I can’t say enough how much their fight and passion and fire for their dreams inspired me along the way, and it truly showed so much about them both.
- A beautiful setting that I never wanted to leave. The setting of this story was almost a character in and of itself, and I pretty much just want to live on a north Georgia winery from now on. Like for reals. The way Kathryn Andrews once again creates a place that is so real, so vivid, and so breathtakingly beautiful will sweep you off your feet, and will have you loving every moment you get to be in that place. The setting of this book became a place where real magic and feeling and connection took place. Wolff Winery is a place that I loved getting to picture and experience. It was a place I never wanted to leave, and it was a place where I got to experience every part of Zach and Shelby’s relationship. While the book does have other locations, it was this magical place that truly made this book and felt so special, so trust me when I tell you that every bit of it you get will wow you in every way.
- A connection and fire worth feeling. Though Zach and Shelby start off hating each other’s guts, there is definitely a fire and connection between them that builds and builds through every moment they share. It is that fire and connection that makes this book what it is, that draws you in craving more, and that will have you on the edge of your seat through every page waiting to see what will happen between them. The way that Kathryn Andrews so tangibly creates that tension between them, that fire that ignites so gloriously, and that connection that keeps pulling them closer and closer, no matter how much they might try to fight against it. I loved that I felt everything these two shared so fiercely through every page of this story, and that pulled me into everything more and invested me in everything I was reading because I was living and experiencing it too. That connection and fire gave me it all with Zach and Shelby, and had me knowing that there can be a fine line between love and hate and all of the feelings that go with it. With a healthy dose of the best southern charm thrown in for good measure, this book and these characters certainly deliver a connection and banter that you will love to pieces.
- The sweetness of life. The Sweetness of Life not only gave me a story of two complete opposites seeing what could be after they are forced together, it gave me a story of beautiful meaning and feeling that I won’t soon forget. Kathryn Andrews does the most exceptional job of weaving that meaning and heart and feeling through every page of this book in a way that truly melts your heart and shows you so much with these two. Through this book she shows you the true sweetness of life, the true southern charm, and what can really happen when two people start feeling some very real feelings. It is all of that and more that makes this book the exceptional thing that it is, and that will have you loving and basking in every moment you get with Zach and Shelby along the way as you discover what it truly means to have the sweetness of life and love.
This book is a gem that gave me it all. It had the dynamic characters with some unforgettable personalities, it had the feels and fire and heart to keep me consumed in it all, and it had a story that just wouldn’t quit from start to finish. This story kept me consumed through every word, and it gave me Zach and Shelby. It gave me their fire, their dreams, their fight and hopes, it gave me them through their struggles, through their hate, and through those moments when it all started to change into something more than either of them expected.
The Sweetness of Life gave me their journey of dreams, heart, and discovering who they really are and who they want to be. Through every word they owned me, my heart, and all of my emotions as they tried to figure out what in the world they were sharing, and where in the world it was going. This story definitely puts the two of them to the test, but I am telling you, you will love every second you get to spend with them as they figure it all out.
You will laugh with them, feel it all with them, you will fall in love with them so truly, and in the end you will love getting to experience every amazing word of their unforgettable and all-feeling story.
Kathryn Andrews has wowed me once again with this book, and I can’t recommend it enough. It is bursting with a fire and connection that will ignite you, a charm that will ease you, a sense of heart and drive that will push you, and a sweetness that in the end will move you again and again.
I can’t recommend this book and these characters enough, so do yourself a solid and grab yourself a slice of pie and a glass of wine, sit yourself at the table with this book, and get ready for The Sweetness of Life to give you it all. And then some.
Kathryn Andrews loves stories that end with a happily ever after. She started writing at age seven and never stopped. Kathryn is an Amazon Bestseller for her much loved Hale Brothers Series and is a Chic-lit, Contemporary Romance, and New Adult writer.Kathryn graduated from the University of South Florida with degrees in Biology and Chemistry, and currently lives in Tampa, Florida. She spends her days as a sales director for a medical device company and her nights lost in her love of fictional characters.When Kathryn is not crafting beautiful worlds that incorporate some of her most favorite real life places, she can be found hanging out with her husband and two young sons, while drinking iced coffee and enjoying the sun.